Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zenni problem - Glasses wearers

Zenni problem - Glasses wearers

Have you ordered any glasses from someplace other than Zenni Optical? When I went to their site recently, it had been redone, and I had to re-establish an account with them. I plugged in my prescription, which has indeed changed some, and made an order.

Today, I got an email saying:
    Your order is being processed promptly, but we need to clarify something with you before processing it further.

We don't provide bifocal or progressive glasses with extremely strong prescription. In this case, we would advise you to choose single vision glasses either for distance or for reading use instead due to your strong prescription.

Please email your confirmation to us so that we can proceed with your order.
    Which they did last time, I have these glasses, and I know my prescription has changed, but it only got stronger in one way, and I need weaker in another way. I wonder if the company changed hands or something, and that's why they won't make progressive with my prescription now?

Has anyone ordered glasses from somewhere else and had success?
    I've Been Frosted

I'm glad you posted this Karen because I have bifocals and was thinking about getting some. Too bad

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Yeah, I'm just surprised, because they did my current glasses ... which are progressive lenses, with no complaints.
    I've Been Frosted

If you need stronger in one way, and weaker in another way....isn't that meaning your prescription is even further apart then before? Maybe it is the gap is too wide in strengths? I am no expert, lord knows, I can hardly keep 'far sighted' and 'near sighted' straight, and have worn lenses for WAY longer than I care to admit...LOL.

I am glad you posted this, though, as I want to get a new rx and buy these glasses!!

My new favorite place is goggles4u.com. My last few pairs have been from there and I like them better

I have five pairs from Zenni - just ordered two pair of sunglasses for my husband and a friend who has tri-focal just called me on Friday THRILLED with the pair she got from Zenni.

So I guess it all depends...

I ordered two pair of Bifocal a few weeks ago and I checked my order status, it is "processing". I take it from processing that my glasses will be on their way soon. My prescription is very routine though since I barely need correction for my distant vision ( mild astigmatism ) and my reading is also very mild. I'm hoping mine will be here soon. I have never used Zenni until this order so hopefully they still turn out quality glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper View Post
    My new favorite place is goggles4u.com. My last few pairs have been from there and I like them better
    I just tried that site, and the pulldown menu doesn't go up to my strength, so I emailed them, and we'll see what they say! Hey, I'm not blind, I promise!
    I've Been Frosted

You order glasses online? I have never done this. I get mine at the eye doc.

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    You order glasses online? I have never done this. I get mine at the eye doc.
    goggles4u rsponded, and they can do the higher prescription, so that's great. Yes, happylabs - when I ordered them years ago from the eye doctors, my glasses cost $400-$600 at least. Online I can get a pair for $50, even less before I needed the bifocals.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    goggles4u rsponded, and they can do the higher prescription, so that's great. Yes, happylabs - when I ordered them years ago from the eye doctors, my glasses cost $400-$600 at least. Online I can get a pair for $50, even less before I needed the bifocals.
    Wow! My glasses are progressive with transitional lenses, light weight and all the bells and whistels. Cost me OVER $500.00!!!!! I need to learn more about this online ordering. Does the eye doc just give you the prescription? I don't know if mine would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Wow! My glasses are progressive with transitional lenses, light weight and all the bells and whistels. Cost me OVER $500.00!!!!! I need to learn more about this online ordering. Does the eye doc just give you the prescription? I don't know if mine would do that.
    You can ask your doctor for your prescription, they should hand that over no questions asked. The only tricky thing is you need to ask for one more measurement than is usually on a prescriptions, and that's your pupillary distance. It's a simple measurement, and it is fixed - once you know it, it's good for life. Ask them for it, and if they balk, say, "I just need to know, I am thinking of ordering some inexpensive 'back-up' glasses, or sunglasses, online, and just need that." They might not be happy, but they will give it to you.

Yes, I have a very strong prescription, a different astigmatism in each eye, and now need bifocals, so my glasses have always been hundreds of dollars - getting a pair (non-bifocals, before I needed them) for $23 was a delight!
    I've Been Frosted

Well, I just spoke to my doctor's office, they confirmed that there should be no reason my glasses could not be made. I called Zenni, intending to cancel my order, but the gentleman who answered the phone said the person who wrote the email was just wrong, I just needed to choose a different lens type, or if I wanted those particular lenses, chose a different frame that was a full frame, instead of a half frame which I am getting. So we changed the lens type, and I'll have my new glasses in a couple weeks. Yay!
    I've Been Frosted

Gee thanks Karen, I just ordered three more pairs of glasses. Combined total? $39. I guess I'm allowed my little obsession when its this cheap!

Sadly, when I go through the process at goggles4u, with my prescription, I'm gonna pay at least $90 for my lenses alone. I got another email for Zenni, and will have to call them again tomorrow. It'll be $87.50 total at Zenni, IF they can get them done. Kim, be glad you don't have a prescription like mine!
    I've Been Frosted