Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am a home owner!

I am a home owner!

I haven't been posting for so long because I have just been consumed with getting this house and we finally signed and closed last week!

Its a beautiful old house a little ways into the mountains (about 20 minutes from town). The village only has about 40 inhabitants, a huge reservoir with amazing hiking trails, and a lovely little church square. Haven't managed to do much exploring yet, been too busy trying to sort everything out!

Here are a few photos I took when I viewed the house way back last August.

Here is the kitchen! As soon as I make some more money it will be completely reno'ed, but that looks like it is at least two years down the road.

this is the other side of the kitchen (it is absolutely massive!) that will double as a family room with a couch and TV.

My bedroom! it is so lovely and has a door leading straight into the garden! Morning coffees.

The garden, which needs INSANE amount of work. It is a shame to yank some of the more established jade trees, but there is just no room, and the dogs need running space.

Another garden shot. This will all be leveled and having flowering shrubs along the walls, and a jasmine bush outside my window. This is directly outside my bedroom.

Living room that I am converting into my parents room when they come to visit.

Along with the house comes the land across the road. I am so pleased to have this, the house is so private now, and this assures that no one will ever build in front of me.

View from over the road. There are already some established fruit trees, so I will have my own oranges, mangoes, lemons, and avocados!

The only pics I am missing are of the bathroom and the hall. The bathroom is so strange. it is literally half the size of my bedroom, I have never seen such a large bathroom. The former owners grew orchids in there, so that is why there is so much extra space. You could chop it up and make three bathrooms, it is so huge. Also needs a complete reno, but that is miles down the road. Just furnishing a house is expensive enough!.

I have been so lucky to get this house, it is really and truly like a dream come true, and I am especially lucky that my parents are so supportive and lent me the money interest free. I still can't believe it is mine!

congratulations! it looks lovely.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Oh it's gorgeous!!! I'd love to keep it in that older cottagey style! Why type of renovations are you going to make? Are you going to go with a modern style or keep with traditional?? You'll hve to update with all the pictures of progress!!

Congrats! Your new house looks just lovely!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

It is so pretty!!! I also love the view. Congratulations!!!

"To err is human; to forgive, canine."
    -Anonymous

Wonderful news! You must be floating 4 inches off the ground just now! I know I was when we finally closed on this (my first house).

Don't worry about the renovations; it all comes together in time. I just did the kitchen (FINALLY!) after 6 years. For now, just ENJOY!

Congrats!!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

You have a beautiful Home!Congrats!

Congratulations! I, too, just purchased a home (but I have yet to move in as there's still work being done). It's a surreal feeling!

I loved seeing your pictures. It will be fun to compare the "then and now" later on down the road.

Congratulations, it is lovely!

wow, what a lovely house !!!
    There are great mountains there, am I right when I think this is somewhere in Andalusia?
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

WOW!!!! I love it!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I love all the pictures, all the rooms, all the surroundings. It's a gorgeous place with breathtaking views. The kitchen is so unique and it's really cool. I love the red accents and I especially love the hanging lights. Enjoy it!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Thanks for the comments!

I live in the Canary islands, not the mainland, but Andalusia is gorgeous.

When we finally reno the kitchen I want to make have rustic style with rough wooden cabinets and granite or marble counter tops. I would also love to put wood flooring throughout, but have to get something tough enough to handle doggy claws. Ideally I would like something like this...
    Last edited by jackie; 12-07-2008 at 06:45 AM. Reason: typos

Congratulations, your new home is so lovely, and quaint, I had to look to see where you were at and i see it is Spain, i did not think it was typical of a home in the USA or Britain,I hope you enjoy your new home and all it has to offer, thanks for sharing.

P.S i love the picture you posted of the rustic kitchen, I also share your taste, loving it.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Pick me up off the floor!!! That picture of the kitchen is unbelievable!! My dream kitchen Jackie, I hope you get that look for your gorgeous house in months or years to come. I know it would take me forever to come off cloud 9 if I owned that beautiful home. It is nothing like we have in the US. At least I've never seen anything so charming and unique here. Most everything I see is cookie cutter and cold. I know many Americans that would absolutely love to live in a house like that.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!