Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Kitty <grin>

Japanese Kitty <grin>

Hey everyone, I was asked a few days ago to tell about my life in Japan and Boomer must have read that because he offered me inspiration tonight My husband and I got some local food for lunch today and accidently grabbed an extra pair of chopsticks. Boomer, who has firmly established himself as a member of this household, assumed that the extra set of chopsticks was for him. So, while I was preoccupied watching TV, he snuck up and snatched the extra (clean) pair and carried them off.

This last one looks like he's trying to figure out how to use them

It is an adventure everyday living over here. Yes, my hunny is in the military. We are stationed here for the next few years and I absolutely love it. The biggest thing I have noticed is how polite everyone is! If I bump into someone here, the person bows gracefully and grins. If I were to bump into someone back in the states I have a feeling all I'd recieve would be a dirty look. I have noticed that since moving here I have taken to the habit of bowing my head alot, not long after moving here I was already catching myself doing that not just to a Japanese national, but also to my husband or friends The language is very difficult and so far I only have a very small vocabulary.."Where is the bus station" "How much is this?" "Is there a western toilet here?" That sort of thing As well as please and thank you and all that "Domo Arrigato, Mr Roboto..." My husband and I have ventured off base many times now as far away as a little past the city of Tokyo. It gets difficult when we get out into the rural areas and away from our base because so many signs are only written in kanji (the character writing you usually think of when you hear Japanese) Needless to say, we've gotten lost a time or two Anyway, sorry to bore you all. Enough about me
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Don't apologize, you're not boring at all!! I love to hear from people who go and live in a foreign country for a few years! We used to live for 2 years in the USA. What an adventure that was!!

Enjoy your Japanese life! And send us many more pics of your gorgeous cat!

Boomer looks so cute trying to figure out how to use the chopsticks.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

AAAwww Boomer. To talk about "When you're in Rome..."

I have been learning Japanese for 3 years 10 years ago just because I was interested in the culture. But I can't say much more than "Hajime mashite, Renarutsu desu (can you figure out what my family name could be after that transcription ) dozo yoroshiku onegai shimasu."

That last pic really DOES look like Boomer has the hang of using chopsticks!! Cute

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    I don't even think you are boring, and you are my sister Thanks so much for sharing. Boomer is definitely into the culture!
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

Boomer is so cute ! I love the pictures !
    Japan sounds wonderful !
    I want to move there !

Boomer looks like he has settled into Japenese life pretty well. He has already mastered the chopsticks. Thank you for sharing a bit about your life over in Japan. Hearing about life in another country has always fascinated me. I went to an all womens college in Mass and we had a lot of international students. Most of them were from Japan and I always found it interesting to listen to what their lives, homes, traditions etc were like. Thanks again for sharing.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Ah So, boomer is handy with chop Sticks. maybe he will want Chop Suey , next!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Sorry if I missed this, but did you bring Boomer from the States? I'm thinking of moving to the Uk and I know until recently it's been a big issue about moving animals there due to rabies fears and it being an island and such. Japan is obviously an island and I wondered how it is viewed there?

11. Boomer handles those chopsticks better than I've ever been able to do!

It is a challenge when in a country that uses a different alphabet. When I went to Greece I understood the expression "It's greek to me!" You can't hand the taxi driver the tour guide you are using and point to the name of the restaurant or hotel nor can you match the words to any signs!

Boomer is using chop sticks better than I can.

But I MUST ask.....what is
    "Is there a western toilet here?"
    I mean, are there different kinds??????

Boomer must think that if he learns how to use the chopsticks, you'll take him along to the sushi bar!

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
    Boomer is using chop sticks better than I can.

But I MUST ask.....what is

I mean, are there different kinds??????
    Jen, the Japanese have toilet technology down to a fine art! Some models even blow warm air around the posterior area so you leave feeling fresh!!! The only problem is that the symbols and buttons are so complex that you need an aerospace degree to work 'em out
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Ah...

ALL the toilets are western in Japan....Unless you 'head' East....
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.