Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A guy does NOT define me....rant.

A guy does NOT define me....rant.

Ugh....my brothers new girlfriend is making me angry...and a little bit sad for her as well. She called me ugly. Now I'm not conceited, I don't think I'm gorgeous, but I also don't think I'm ugly (see attached pic) However....she's not much to look at. And I mean that in the nicest possible way. Anyhow, her calling me ugly is not actually what got me mad (although it did hurt my feelings) Her reasoning is that if you don't have a boyfriend then you are ugly and depressed. (Now we all know that's not true) She told me that she used to be depressed and ugly just like me until she found my brother, now she is happy and pretty and everyone wants her. And she's not even pretty! How in the world does having a boyfriend turn you automatically pretty? I just don't get it. Anyway, I don't think I'm ugly, and I'm generally a happy person, with or without a guy. Of course I have my days, but who doesn't? So, mom asked her "So, you can't be happy unless you have a man in your life?" Her answer...."No one can" Can you believe that?! This is where I feel very sad and sorry for her. Apparantly she's lacking in the self-esteem department and doesn't know who she is, really. I can't imagine ONLY being happy when I have a boyfriend.
    So all you beautiful, single, happy women stand up and be accounted for! Who's with me?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm right there with you, sister!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Ignore her.

And, for the record.. You're adorable! I can't believe your brother would let her do that - disrespectful.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

My husband and I both think you are extremely pretty! Certainly having a man does not define who you are or how you look - we are with you too! She is lacking self-esteem if she thinks that way!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

I knew people here would be with me!

And to set the record straight....my brother did defend me.

I just can't believe some people think this way. Sometimes it's shocking the way other people's minds work.

Poor girl....I think she's truly confused about how things work. Your looks come from God and your parents, not your SO. And you should be able to find true happiness within.

your heart and your actions define you as a human and as a woman. temporary "possession" of another's attention means nothing. i feel very sorry for someone who was raised in the tradition that another can define your worth and value. country wolf is right, ignore this, and wait her time with your brother out....what can she bring to a healthy relationship?
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Hehe, I am NOT single, but I must say she is so much wrong!!
    And, you are NOT ugly, you are even a very beautiful young girl!! You have gorgeous blue eyes and look very pretty to me!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

What a bunch of crap!
    She is the ugly one for saying that. What a loser.
    Great way to make an entrance in a family. Yeah, let's offend my boyfriends sister. Not very smart is she?

You are adorable. Don't listen to her.
    Any guy would be lucky.

I totally agree with joycenalex's comment.

She's young. If not in years, then in mind and maturity. Forgive her and let it go. She may come back to you one day and admit how wrong she was. But even if she doesn't, you know better.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Fairly certain she won't be your brother's girlfriend for long. She's not a pretty person period. You on the other hand are adorable and you have your thinking right.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Queen of Poop said it right. At the rate this immature kid is going, she won't be your brother's girlfriend for long. And for the record, you are very pretty!! She sounds very insecure. Just let it roll off your shoulders and ignore her.

Don't EVER let anyone guy, or otherwise, define who you are. Stand tall and proud of who you are, girl. It took me years to figure that out and that's why I prefer to be by myself. I see what my friends go through with their SO's, husbands, etc. Glad I've got my cats!!

Nothing without a man? What planet is this girl from anyway??? I thought that way for so long after my divorce. It took years for me to finally be happy being by myself.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I think you are very pretty!

And I'm happy as a clam - and the only men in my life - are my son, grandson, and dog!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Hrm... how does your brother pick these women??

For the record, you're adorable!

Secondly, I am happy, and I'm cute, and I'm single. So tell Ms. What's her name she's gotta be happy with herself first, and then maybe she'll see herself as pretty as well. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but if you need to feel it in yourself first.

Jennie said exactly what I was gonna say. You need to be happy with yourself first. I'm actually surprised she even found a man with that way of thinking.

And I think you are very pretty. The color of your hair and your beautiful eyes.....WOW!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

She is so Wrong!!

I haven't had a guy in my life for many years, but that doesn't make me ugly. Try self-confident and choosy.

And you are a very pretty girl. Wish I was that young again.