Thread: Bad migraine, I feel so sick

Bad migraine, I feel so sick

Does anyone here ever get bad migraines? I have had this bad migraine for 7 days and it doesn't seem to want to leave. I have been to the doctor twice and had two nubain shots to escape the pain but it just keeps coming back. Can any one give any suggestions on how to get rid of this pain? I am to the end. I feel so yucky, I feel like somethings pulling at my eyeballs, and my temples are throbbing, and sounds have amplified,as well as smells make me want to throw up. I feel nauseated. The lights are hurting my eyes too. Helppppppppppppppp meee pleeeeaaseeeeeeee..... I have been to the emergency room before and all I got from there was a shot of benedryl and a 500.00 bill. Not worth it. Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks

Annie

I have been having them since I was a kid and could never find much relief. I find a get some relief from Advil Luiqigels and also I hate to admit this but my mother suggested Tiger Balm and it does work wonders. All you need it a little little dab in a bowl of hot water and a towel. put the towel over you head and breathe it in for about 3 minutes. Then you need to take a little nap. I can pretty well guarentee you that it will work.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Migraines are awful!! I've had them for years. I take twoTylenol PM, go into my room, shut the lights out, close the blinds and lay flat on my back. By the time I wake up, it's gone.

I would suggest going to a neurologist. It's obvious something is wrong. I wouldn't take any chances.

Wish I had other advice to give you, sweetie. Feel better!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

thank you, I have been to a neurologist as well as an ENT. I have had an MRI done and they have said I have migraines. They have put me on Topamax as a preventative and it was working but I just got this one particular headache and it is just being really stuborn. Thank you very much for the suggestions. I am going to try the tiger balm and tylanol.

Annie

OH My Sweetheart! I feel so sorry for you. I use to have them for a day and would be totally useless and sick as a dog! How in the world have you stood this for a WEEK?? Poor baby, I wish there was something I could do to make it go away.. I WILL say a prayer though and who know, maybe that will help..

I just don't understand in todays world that a person has to suffer like that!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

It is good to know that you are doing better. Sorry that I do not have any suggestions to help out also just incase it does come back. I hope it stays away because migraines are a BIG pain!

Abby

"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday." - unknown author

Bad migraines? I know what you're talking about ! I have those quite often. Sometimes it takes several days too, and then no medicine helps...
    Usually my medicine for migraine helps a lot. It is called Imitrex. I have that in nose inhaler, and in shots. both are VERY expensive, but also very effective. Do you have any idea what causes your attacks? Mine are mostly hormonal.
    Good luck!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Hi Annie--hope you're feeling better soon.

My hubby gets really serious migraines. He also takes a preventative, but when he actually comes down with one anyway, he takes a pill called cafergot. He can take up to six of them per headache. They really work for him.

Also, he has figured out most of his "triggers" so he can avoid them. Do you know what brings on yours?

I tried applying tiger balm to my head and it sure in numb and it opened my sinus that is for sure. I feel a bit better. Thanks for the suggestions and thanks for the prayers and support everyone.

Migraines are a huge pain, and I feel for each and everyone of you who do have them.

You poor thing.

I get them occasionally and they only thing that works is sleep. The last one, I tried standing in a hot shower with water on my face and that helped too.

Feel better, honey.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Another headachy person here, although migraines are not too often thank goodness, I know my sister gets them really bad and the Doctor's give her morphine, My son also had cafergot prescribed, when he had glandular fever, he had bad migraines, and it did work for him too.

I think everyone is different, what works for one , does not always work for another, I really hope you feel better soon, headaches of any kind are just so debilitating, they can make your life miserable.

Take care and get plenty of rest in a dark room, no noise if possible, and with your medication hopefully it will leave you soon, fingers and paws crossed you will be free from this awful pain very soon.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I used to get migranes SO much and frequently too, like the blotchy eyes and the numb arms and legs (symptoms) and then came the HORRIBLE headaches, I couldent see, sometimes my face went numb ect, so finally after like 4 years of getting them almost 3 times a month I got my eyes checked, and got some glasses, and there gone!!! its been about a month or so since I have had one and I find its helping lots, even if I feel a little headache comming on I put on my glasses and it lightens it lots. I know how you feel, migranes suck
    ~*~green_chameleon_girl~*~
    R.I.P Rex
    - _HeAtHer_-

Thanks MANDAMOO!!!!