Thread: This is Kissy

This is Kissy

This is the latest stray which has decided to "latch on".....need to find that "invisible" sign - which can be seen only by scruffy strays, and which says "Free Food and Board"

I have called her Kissy. She has a horribly deformed mouth (the "front" teeth at the bottom are around to one side, and she can't close her mouth properly). (When she eats she makes a really funny kissing noise). As I dont know her medical history I dont know if she was injured when she was younger, or if this is a birth defect.

What I HAVE found out is that she is yet another abandoned pet ........... a family who lived in the compound moved back to the UK, and just left her behind. I don't know how these people can live with themselves! According to the security guard who lives on the compound, she was abandoned around 6 months ago, and the security and gardening staff have been feeding her.

Because of her deformed jaw, she does not seem to be able to eat dry food properly, so I have been softening the food with some water, and then mixing some tinned food with it to give it some flavour. She seems to enjoy it, and waits for me every morning and evening for food! She also craves attention, and will head-bump me relentlessly. After 15 minutes of petting I try to go insdie again and she cries! Only problem is that when I go inside Ally hisses, bites and scratches me. (Not a very charitable young lady, is she?)

Anyway, that's Kissy's story, and here is her picture. (You can see how squint her jaw is, and her mouth also does not close properly

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Oh my! The poor little thing. I don't understand how people can just abandon a pet...I will keep my fingers crossed that she finds a loving family. In the meantime, a thousand yahoos to you for feeding her and giving her some love and attention.

Oh yeah, we have an invisible sign as well..... we are now feeding our five, and atleast 3-5 strays, including one that we think is pregnant but we only see her maybe once a week if we are lucky.....

Yeah, I have an invisible neon sign that flashes "Sucker for any Animal Lives Here, Come for Free Food, Shelter and Love"

You are a blessing for the animals. I think Kissy is adorable. I don't know how people live with themselves, abandoning an animal, leaving it to fend for itself.

One of my first cats Sammy loved to eat dry food mixed in with a little milk and water....it was like kitty cereal for him.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Oh, Kissy is adorable! I hope her mouth isnt the result of trauma?

Aww she's beautiful, what an absolute darling. It's heartbreaking that she's out there, so friendly and desperate for attention.

What an adorable girl she is. She looks like Aly minus the nose spots!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Poor Kissy, she sounds and looks very sweet.

I have a freind who had an older cat with NO teeth (I think he had a few teeth when she rescued him, but had to get the rest pulled because his teeth were really bad) and to feed him she put everything in a blender with water and fed him that. That helped him out a lot.

She looks like she'd make a good pair up with Ally. Glad she found you to care for her.

Kissy is darling and sounds like a real sweetheart. She is lucky to have you to care for her.
    Last edited by Steffi N; 09-30-2003 at 06:14 AM.
    Steffi and Lovable

I'm so glad that you're able to look after her. I think she's adorable.

Aww what a sweetie.. I love her name - what a perfect thing to call her! I just can't help but look at those dirty paws though.. poor baby I hope she can find a nice inside home.

Nomilynn,

The dirty paws are probabky my "fault" - I have just planted loads of seedlings, and I have sprinklers running almost constantly to try keep the ground moist whilst they take hold, so parts of the front garden are a little bit "muddy" the the moment. I am not sure how well she will react to being cleaned, but I will try to give her a bit of a rub-down with a damp towel over the weekend. I do need to be careful though. As I said she will snuggle and head-bump for ages, but she has nipped me a couple of times, as well as swiping at me with her front paws (so far luckily she has kept her claws IN).

At around 2AM this morning there was terrible "howl-fest" on my front porch. I thought maybe Kissy was in trouble, so I went out to have a look. Turns out there was another cat trying to get into HER territory, and she was very loudly telling him EXACTLY what he could do with himself!! She really has a fiesty little spirit!

I have put out a blanket and towel in a corner for her, but so far she does not seem interested. Maybe I should try a "box bed" like Sunny, Sky, Storm and Cirrus have?

She is a little cutie though! And for a "stray" she is not exactly skin and bones either! SHe isn't a Dilmun, just a regular DSH or maybe DMH - her coat is actually a bit fluffy, and surprisingly soft considering her living conditions!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I am glad that you are able to take care of little Kissy. And I hope she will be fine living a close-to-the-house life

What a sweetheart! bless you for taking care of her.