Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bladder infection?

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"

Bladder infection?

We fear Marshmallow might have one. She's been sitting in her litterbox a lot and tinkling tiny droplets of pee all over the house.

Does this sound like a bladder infection? I've never had a cat with one before. She's off to the whitecoats this afternoon.
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

Yep, sounds like a good ol' UTI (urinary tract infection). The good news is that she is tinkling because if she were totally blocked, you'd have to get her to the vet NOW! But since some is coming out, just not in the right place, she's probably not blocked, just has an infection.

I had UTIs because I know how uncomfortable they are, so I wish Marshmellow well!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Ditto... UTI
    Glad your off to the white coats today.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

We are glad that Marshmallow,is at the White Coats. GCK,and Angels Angels are on thier way,t helop her feel better,and we are All praying for Marshmallow,to be better soon.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Yup, thats what it sounds like... or she coud have crystals forming. Its more likely that its a UTI though. Good luck at the whitre coats and let us know what happens.

Does anyone know what causes a UTI in a female cat?

Between Muffin's ear infections and now Marsha, I don't know what to do!

I think stress is one. Is she stressed for any reason?

I know Pouncer's got crystals from stress.

Ummm.... let's see...
    She moved across the country in August
    Five weeks ago she got a new sister (a dog at that!)
    There's been a feral lurking outside....

She's probably a stressed kitty! Poor girl.

Yup, I'd say she would be one stressed kitty! Gentle hugs to poor Marshmallow!

Did you go to the vet's yet? What did they say?

Isn't PT wonderful? Before PT, if I saw my cat tryig to pee, and nothing coming out, I'd not have thought how serious it could actually be... I'd just shrugged it off as a strange cat thing. Pee problems can be deadly serious for cats. Glad you are taking her to the vet!

Our earliest opening today was @ 2:30. It's now 1:18. Jason made the appointment when they opened this morning.

They forewarned us that it is very difficult to get a urine sample from a cat. What do they do if they can't? Just guess?

*edit: Yes, I do LOVE that at PT I can come and every problem I have, someone has already had it. It's the best! *hugs all around*

They, ahem, just take it from them. Thats what they had to do with Pouncer last night. He flat-out refused to pee, which I knew he woud because he won't pee when he's upset (I've tried to collect a pee sample from Pounce myself, and was unsuccessful. Even after he was locked in a room alone for 14 hours, he still refused to pee... at that point it was dangerous for him NOT to pee, so I let him roam free)

Marsh got a shot(she wasn't too happy about that) of antibiotics yesterday and a perscription. They couldn't get a sample, so we dropped her off early this morning to see if they could get one. She's still there, and still hasn't "done her thing."

She seemed to perk up a little bit in the evening, asking for loving and rolling around. Hopefully she's on her way to recovery.

Thanks, everyone!

Marshmallow was weighed yesterday. She's six pounds, fourteen ounces. No wonder I feel like every other cat weighs a ton!
    Last edited by sirrahved; 11-02-2005 at 10:07 AM. Reason: I need to learn to proofread!

Sorry to hear little Marshmallow has been uncomforable ... those yucky UTIs are so painful. Glad to hear that she will soon be feeling better! Hopefully things will settle down now for everyone at your house!

Kim

We recently had Levi into the vet's for a suspected UTI and discovered he has idiopathic cystitis...thankfully, he is doing sooooo much better now that we know how to help control his symptoms! Hopefully, your little Marshmallow will be feeling happy and healthy again very soon!

Well, no good news from the urinalysis, aside from the fact that it's not diabetes...

She had crystals AND an infection. So C/D diet for life, I'm afraid.

Anyone else deal with this? Is Science Diet C/D the only food available?