Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I need PT PRAYERS for BRODIE!!! *FINALLY MONDAY*

I need PT PRAYERS for BRODIE!!! *FINALLY MONDAY*

Please Please Please Pray for Brodie today. And for me to be strong.

As you all know, Brodie was diagnosed with allergies to his food a few weeks ago. He has gotten worse though and has started throwing up his water too.

I called the vet today and she said that him throwing up water is not a good sign and he has an appointment at 4.

I am so afraid that something is bad wrong with him. There were 4 piles of vomit in the floor this morning consisting of food & water. He's never been so bad.

He's my baby, just barely a year old. Please pray that we can find out what's wrong with him and get him better.
    Last edited by christa; 03-13-2006 at 07:23 AM.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Prayers for Brodie that it is something easily taken care of and nothing serious and gentle (((Hugs))) to you. Be strong and let us know what they have to say as soon as you can.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

You and Brodie have them for as long as you need them. Prayers and all good wishes heading south from Michigan.

{{{{{Brodie and Christa}}}}}

I'm praying for Brodie, that the vet visit will go better than you think, that he'll be home and healthy soon!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Oh no! I've been wondering how he's been doing on his new food and was hoping for a good report, not this! I will defintely be thinking about and sending out a prayer for little Brodie that they can find out once and for all what's wrong with him.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Poor Brodie! As a human dealing with food allergies is miserable, and I can only imagine it's worse for a kitty. You're in my prayers.

I'll even share my toast with you, if you can have toast.

oh no poor Brodie!

I will check back later to see if you are home and have posted about the vet visit. (((((Christa)))) I am sorry and feel the same worry and panic with you.

Singing for Brodie to feel better and the vet to have the answers.

I am back from the vet - without Brodie.

He is worse than I thought. Running a fever.

The vet thinks he may have something stuck in his intestines.

She is keeping him overnight for observation. Going to do a blood panel, x-rays & give him something to see if whatever in there will pass.

If it doesn't pass, she wants to operate.

She says that the post opp recovery rate is not very good for this opeartion. Now hubby and I have a big decision to make and I am sitting here drowning myself in tears. An 800 dollar surgery and he might not even live through it. I don't know what to do.

She also told me that if he doesn't have the surgery soon, he won't live long.

I am so sad.

Keep praying for Brodie . . . and me.
    -christa

Quote Originally Posted by christa
    She says that the post opp recovery rate is not very good for this opeartion.
    Oh gosh, Christa, I'm so so sorry.

I'm a little surprised at her prognosis after the surgery is not a bit better. Callie (CalliesMom) just had surgery and they removed a piece of plastic and Callie is doing wonderful! Here's a link http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...ghlight=callie and here's another http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...ghlight=callie

Course it says the plastic was removed from her stomach, and the way it sounds is your vet is talking about his intestines......

Gosh, I'm just so sorry and will hope and pray for Brodie....and you and hubby.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Christa...hang in there and try and not think the worst. Easier said than done, I know, but you've got to keep the faith. This is going to be a very long night for you but Brodie is in good hands and with all the PT prayers available, he's just got to be OK.
    {{{hugs}}}
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Another update:

Hubby and I just talked it over and decided that if it comes down to it, he's DEFINITELY worth the surgery. Hopefully he won't need it and if he does, hoping he will live through it.

It's killing me being without him tonight already. Josie has been walking around looking for him. I always knew she liked him.

If he has to have the surgery, it will be early in the morning. I think that hubby and I will try to go see him beforehand, just in case.
    -christa

Dear Brodie our prayers are with you and your family right now
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Keeping good thoughts and prayers for Brodie.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    Course it says the plastic was removed from her stomach, and the way it sounds is your vet is talking about his intestines......
    Yeah, something about . . . if it's a string in his intestines, or something long like that, it acts as a saw and can really tear him up. Then in the post opp, they run a high risk of bleeding out. I think she said a 30 percent death rate during post opp. But she said if it's just something small, like an eraser or plastic grape or something like that in his intestines, it wouldn't cause as much damage and wouldn't be as hard to remove during surgery.
    -christa