Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need PT PRAYERS for BRODIE!!! *FINALLY MONDAY*

Hybrid View

I need PT PRAYERS for BRODIE!!! *FINALLY MONDAY*

Please Please Please Pray for Brodie today. And for me to be strong.

As you all know, Brodie was diagnosed with allergies to his food a few weeks ago. He has gotten worse though and has started throwing up his water too.

I called the vet today and she said that him throwing up water is not a good sign and he has an appointment at 4.

I am so afraid that something is bad wrong with him. There were 4 piles of vomit in the floor this morning consisting of food & water. He's never been so bad.

He's my baby, just barely a year old. Please pray that we can find out what's wrong with him and get him better.
    Last edited by christa; 03-13-2006 at 07:23 AM.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Prayers for Brodie that it is something easily taken care of and nothing serious and gentle (((Hugs))) to you. Be strong and let us know what they have to say as soon as you can.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

I'm praying for Brodie, that the vet visit will go better than you think, that he'll be home and healthy soon!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Oh no! I've been wondering how he's been doing on his new food and was hoping for a good report, not this! I will defintely be thinking about and sending out a prayer for little Brodie that they can find out once and for all what's wrong with him.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Poor Brodie! As a human dealing with food allergies is miserable, and I can only imagine it's worse for a kitty. You're in my prayers.

I'll even share my toast with you, if you can have toast.

oh no poor Brodie!

I will check back later to see if you are home and have posted about the vet visit. (((((Christa)))) I am sorry and feel the same worry and panic with you.

You and Brodie have them for as long as you need them. Prayers and all good wishes heading south from Michigan.

{{{{{Brodie and Christa}}}}}

Well, thats great news Christa! We'll continue to keep our paws and fingers crossed that the stomach Xrays turn out good too.

If nothing is blocking anything, what is the next step the vet wants to take?

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    If nothing is blocking anything, what is the next step the vet wants to take?
    She's going to run some more test . . . more blood things. "medical things" as she put it to me in laymans terms. And she said she's still not ruling out the food allergy.

At this point, I would be happy if it were the food allergy. Let's pray for the food allergy!!! That would eliminate surgery anyway.
    -christa

Good news that there is no blockage.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Yeah!! Great news about no blockage in the intestines!! Wooo hooo!!!!

While he's there and they're running all sorts of tests, tell her you want him tested for allergies. They need to take blood and send it off to a lab - CJ's went to Texas. I believe there's only a few labs that do the extensive testing to find all the allergies, so tell her you want that done also. I don't remember how much it cost, but I do know it was more than $100.00 but less than $300.00 - sometimes I'm just so helpful. The cost might sound like a lot, but in the long run, it will save money on more wasted food and more vet visits. If she determines it is nothing but allergies, you will never know what food to give him until you know exactly what he's allergic to. When you get the results of the allergy test telling you what he's allergic to, they also give you a printout of foods that don't contain any of the ingredients he is allergic to, which makes it easier for you to find one that will work. You will also get really good at reading the ingredients part of food labels....and the manufacturers are so nice by making the printing so nice and big for those of us who are getting older and can't quite see all that fine print.

Whew! I'm just so glad it wasn't something serious like the string in the intestines thing. Hang in there, Brodie, just a few more tests and you'll be able to go home!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Hugs and prayers and glad no surgery is needed!
    Catty1

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Hugs and prayers and glad no surgery is needed!
    Catty1
    Hopefully not. We're still waiting for word about the x-rays to his stomach.
    -christa

I have been out of commission for a few days with the dreaded flu, and am just now seeing this. The many emotions that I went through while reading about poor Brodie. I am glad that it seems like surgery will not be necessary. Many warm thoughts and prayers coming you way for all of you. I can ony imagine what you have ben through in the past few days. Keep us posted!

Good luck Christa! I wanted to check this thread first thing to see what was the news of the day. We're all praying for the Brodster!