Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I need PT PRAYERS for BRODIE!!! *FINALLY MONDAY*

Hugs and prayers and glad no surgery is needed!
    Catty1

Yeah!! Great news about no blockage in the intestines!! Wooo hooo!!!!

While he's there and they're running all sorts of tests, tell her you want him tested for allergies. They need to take blood and send it off to a lab - CJ's went to Texas. I believe there's only a few labs that do the extensive testing to find all the allergies, so tell her you want that done also. I don't remember how much it cost, but I do know it was more than $100.00 but less than $300.00 - sometimes I'm just so helpful. The cost might sound like a lot, but in the long run, it will save money on more wasted food and more vet visits. If she determines it is nothing but allergies, you will never know what food to give him until you know exactly what he's allergic to. When you get the results of the allergy test telling you what he's allergic to, they also give you a printout of foods that don't contain any of the ingredients he is allergic to, which makes it easier for you to find one that will work. You will also get really good at reading the ingredients part of food labels....and the manufacturers are so nice by making the printing so nice and big for those of us who are getting older and can't quite see all that fine print.

Whew! I'm just so glad it wasn't something serious like the string in the intestines thing. Hang in there, Brodie, just a few more tests and you'll be able to go home!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Hugs and prayers and glad no surgery is needed!
    Catty1
    Hopefully not. We're still waiting for word about the x-rays to his stomach.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

I have been out of commission for a few days with the dreaded flu, and am just now seeing this. The many emotions that I went through while reading about poor Brodie. I am glad that it seems like surgery will not be necessary. Many warm thoughts and prayers coming you way for all of you. I can ony imagine what you have ben through in the past few days. Keep us posted!

Glad to hear it is nothing in his intestines. Now for more good news about his stomach!

Hang in there Christa. (((HUGS)))

From Decker with Love

Hang in there Christa, we are all still praying for your sweet little Brodie... Just a little while longer and you should know something. I will be checking back.. ((((((HUGS)))))

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

(After about 10 tries loading this page....) I hope you can finally resolve what's wrong with poor Brodie! I'm glad a blockage has been pretty much ruled out.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Okay guys, not sure what this means but I just talked to the girl that answers the phone . . . she was relaying messages back and forth (I think the vet was in surgery with another animal) . . .

Anyway, she wants to keep Brodie through the weekend to keep him on fluids.

She DOESN'T want to do surgery today. YAY YAY YAY!!!

Not really sure why she wants him on fluids all weekend . . . the only thing I can figure is that he was just that bad off. He had been throwing up his water all week and he did have that fever. And she wasn't giving him that much hope yesterday without medical attention. Maybe he does need the weekend stay.

Hubby & I have a visitation appt at 11:50 to see Brodie & talk to the vet. I will get the down low on his situation. I hope I can sneak his blankie into him too.

It's going to be a looooong weekend.
    -christa

Give his kisses from me and all the others here when you see him. Tell him we are praying for him and want him to get well soon!

Awe Man! Leave him all week end? That sucks but if it is for his best interests, you have to do it. Lets hope by Monday you will find him well, happy and ready to come home (There is a lot of praying time in a week end).
    GET WELL SOON BRO!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Can they let you do the fluids at home.

Mama Is the best medicine.

Yay Brodie! I sincerely hope it IS just a food allergy and t hat he'll come home to you good as new. Still sending prayers and positive vibes to him

Oh Christa, I'm sorry I missed the news on Brody yesterday, and I just read the entire topic and I'm so sorry! Poor boy!

Well, the good thing is that there is no blockage! Can it be that his fever is a result of the fluid loss (from vomiting)?. Then putting him on fluids might help him very well.

I'll keep him in my thoughts, and I hope they'll soon find out what's wrong with him - and that it's something that's easy to treat.

Sending positive vibes to the sweet little boy!

Kirsten

Back from my visit . . . Josie is sniffing away at my "scents" . . .

Brodie was sooooo scared! When they brought him in, they had him wrapped in a towel and he was groweling. As soon as he saw me, his eyes lit up and he stopped. He turned into a different cat. The vet & techs were just amazed. They couldn't believe it was the same cat. Evidently he had been eating them up. The vet even showed me where he had torn her smock all to pieces. LOL

He had also pee'ed on himself when they first brought him into the room. I offered to clean him up (they were thrilled) He's a stinky boy now!

Anyway, she wants to keep him at least till Sunday. Says that will give her time to watch for anything to "pass" . . . But so far, we aren't going to have to do surgery after all. Nothing has shown up on the x-rays.

I told her that he had been EATING those Tidy Cats Crystals and now she's going to look into those. She hadn't even heard of them, but is going to take a trip to Walmart to check them out. See what they have in them. I explained to her what they did and she's thinking they may be having some impact on him. We're going to get them out of our house anyway, just to be on the safe side.

I'm going back to see him in the morning at 11. I can't wait!!! I miss him so much!!!

Thank you so much everyone for your prayers. PT prayers come through again!!!

Just continue to remember us . . . that we can get through this weekend without any more problems.
    -christa

Christa, I'm so glad to hear that Brodie doesn't need to have surgery. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Brodie was sooooo scared! When they brought him in, they had him wrapped in a towel and he was groweling. As soon as he saw me, his eyes lit up and he stopped. He turned into a different cat. The vet & techs were just amazed. They couldn't believe it was the same cat. Evidently he had been eating them up. The vet even showed me where he had torn her smock all to pieces. LOL
    How sweet is that?! He really loves and trusts his meowmie!

What are Tidy Cats Crystals? A litter? And he ate those??? So he may have poisoned himself with those? Poor boy, but at least you would know what's the cause, and you can do something against it.

Feel better soon, Brody!

Kirsten