Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pumpkin found a home in are area!

my mom will not put her on an airplane.I thank you for your offer but i mom said no.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

A transport doesn't necessarily mean putting her on a plane. There are people who drive certain legs of the way until the final destination is reached. Like I said, I'd be MORE than happy to bring sweet Pumpkin into my crew. I think she'll do just fine. I'd hate to see poor Pumpkin die. Please see if your Mom will reconsider.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

It's very distressing to read this thread and see the offer of a good home rejected because of details that can be ironed out. My local shelter transports FIV+ cats in from Florida and other states frequently and relies, as Donna suggested, on people taking the cat for legs of the journey. The cat can be either taken by car or in the cabin of a plane. I don't think anyone is thinking of shipping the cat via cargo. That said, I brought my cat over from England to California some years ago, and he had to travel cargo. He was given a mild sedative (Ace, very safe and effective) and it worked out fine. If people who dedicate their lives to cat care are willing to transport an FIV+ cat, who needs to be kept free of stress, then I can't understand not transporting a young and healthy cat that will otherwise die a needless death.

My Mom still says no
    Last edited by Zippy; 05-09-2006 at 03:25 PM.
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

I hope you are NOT saying your mother will put the cat to sleep rather than have it travel, please tell me that is not the case, and you are looking at other alternatives, I have been on PT over three years and Donna is one of the nicest, generous, giving people on this earth, you could not wish for a better home for her than that, IMO you would be plain dumb not to take her up on her offer unless you feel you have a better offer,(but a no kill cat shelter would not be a better offer, if you knew Donna as we do on PT you would understand that) please talk to you mother, beg her if need be, do what you have to , traveling for cats is not such a big deal that she is making out, there are options, i understand the plane thing, but gosh people here are prepared to go out of their way to take your furbaby and give her a wonderful new beginning,for goodness sake reconsider.

Honestly if you put this kitty to sleep i would be outraged, as many others on here would be too, please re-assure us this is not the case, thanks.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I wouldn't even use the euphemism "put to sleep" in these circumstances. To take a young and healthy cat in to a shelter where she will receive a lethal injection, when there are alternatives being offered, is to my mind killing the cat.

Is your mom upset with people on PT offering help and advice?

Mom is not mad are you kidding she thanks you all for the help.I know that I can't find a better owner for my girl than somebody on PT.
    We are in Tampa Bay do you know what airline would help?How would you go about doing this?My mom is not outgoing and I don't think if i called an airline they would give me any info.
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

also we don't have the money right now but we will the 1st.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO PUT HER TO SLEEP!My mom and I love Pumpkin!
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Oh thank you so much for re-assuring us,sorry if i got my wires crossed,I can tell you both love her as otherwise why would you bother coming here, where there's a will there's a way the old saying goes, PM Donna and try and work something out, honestly you will not find a better person than her to take your sweet furbaby,I cannot speak highly enough of her, she is a guardian angel to so many kitties and can be the answer to your problems.

That way you can also keep in touch knowing how Pumpkin is doing etc, now would that not be great, I wish you the best,and yes you can ring the airline and find out all the details,I don't see why not, I gather you are a teenager?

Good luck and please keep us updated.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

GOOD NEWS!!!!

I just got off the phone with Mugsy. She is willing to set up a transport to get Pumpkin to me. HOWEVER, your mother will also need to drive some of the way as well. It's the LEAST she can do in order to get Pumpkin a furrrever home. I am also going to drive part of the way. I will be providing a large crate large enough for a litterbox and water to fit.

What I need from you are all of Pumpkin's vet records, assurance that she is up to date on all her shots, is tested for Feline Leukemia and Aids. I also will need to know exactly where you are located in Tampa Bay so we can start making phone calls and setting the transport up. Any of Pumpkin's toys, beds, anything that will make her feel comfortable during the transition will also be a big help. I also will need to know what kind of food she likes.

There's alot of work involved in a transport. So if you are serious about having Pumpkin become a part of my furfamily, you need to do some leg work yourself. If you're NOT serious, and your mother can't be bothered, and has Pumpkin killed anyway, as Carole said, ALOT of people here will be outraged. Especially after there were so many offers to help you out.

Let me know what you decide. I told Mugsy I'd call her by the end of the week. I know you'll do right by Pumpkin. I also know that she'll be very happy here with my crew, and I'm looking forward to getting to know her.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

WOW you guys are just awesome, the power of PT works yet again, Don't worry Donna there is no way that pumpkin will be PTS , Zippy assured us they love her to bits, and I am certain
    now they know so much is being done to help them , they will indeed be eager to do their bit,it is not every day that one is lucky enough to beable to place your kitty in such good hands,they are exceptionally fortunate and blessed, so i know they will do the right thing by her.
    Furangels only lent.

Thank you for the reassurance, Zippy, that does ease my mind. I hope you are ready to put in your part of the work to get Pumpkin to Donna. Helping to organize something like this will be a good experience for you.

Now I'm just going to fret about Snowball.

Please make sure to post the transport route here. I can't promise anything (my schedule is not all that flexible) but if you need a leg through here (Allentown, PA), I might just be able to help.

If there are any South Carolina legs, I'll be glad to help!

Thanks Mruffruff. I'll let Mugsy know.