Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pumpkin found a home in are area!

What do you mean PM?
    I really want this to work.
    Thank You all so much.She doesn't have feline lekimua.We can get her shots the first of june.She is very picky with what food she eats meow mix mostly,she also will try to eat your food don't be surpised if she walks up and sticks her paw in your ketchup.She climbs the door gambs and has an attitude.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Personal Message perhaps???

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

She sounds ever so cute, rest assured Zippy it will work, just needs lots of communication and some leg work on your part, Did you know that PT had a kitty adopted all the way from USA to England, so hon this is a piece of cake in comparison, good luck everyone,so happy to hear Pumpkin will be going to live with Donna.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Carole,

Poor Pumpkin isn't going anywhere unless Zippy gives me the information I need to get her here.

Come on Zippy, please do your part. I've been waiting to hear from you.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Her is a pic of pumpkin
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

moosmom could you e-mail me the colsest airport to you we are taking pumpkin to get her check-up and shots soon.Do you know what air lines whould ship pets?
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

More Pics of Pumpkin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0361.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	769.1 KB 
ID:	27795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0357.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	718.9 KB 
ID:	27796   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0381.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	760.3 KB 
ID:	27797   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0381.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	760.3 KB 
ID:	27798  
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Zippy,

The nearest airport is Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks. However, I've found an air service that has airport to airport service. I'm trying to find out the cost and am awaiting a response. I'll let you know what I find out as soon as I hear from them.

Here are their requirements:

PROPER SIZE KENNEL
    ANIMALS MUST HAVE ROOM TO STAND UP AND TURN AROUND. UNDERSIZED KENNELS WILL NOT BE SHIPPED BY PET AIR. WHEN IN DOUBT USE LARGER KENNEL

FOOD AND WATER CUPS
    ALL KENNELS MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE FOOD AND ONE WATER CUP DUAL CUPS ARE ACCEPTABLE CUPS MUST BE SECURELY FASTENED TO KENNELS. SNAP ON CUPS HAVE A TENDENCY TO COME OFF AND MAY CAUSE SHIPMENTS TO BE TURNED DOWN BY AIRLINES

ADDRESS LABEL
    ALL KENNELS MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED WITH SHIPPER'S NAME, ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER. ALSO CONSIGNEE'S NAME, ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER.

LIVE ANIMAL LABELS
    ALL KENNELS REQUIRE A LIVE ANIMAL LABEL ON TOP OF KENNEL. AND A LIVE ANIMAL LABEL WITH ARROWS POINTING UP ON THE BACK OR SIDE OF KENNEL.

LAST TIME FEED AND WATERED
    ALL KENNELS MUST BE MARKED WITH THE LAST TIME AND
    DATE THE ANIMALS WERE FED AND WATERED.

HEALTH CERTIFICATE
    ALL SHIPMENTS REQUIRE TWO COPIES OF A HEALTH CERTIFICATE THAT IS NO MORE THAN TEN DAYS OLD. ONE COPY MUST BE ATTACHED TO AIRBILL. AND ONE COPY ATTACHED TO THE KENNEL.

ACCLIMATION STATEMENT
    IF TEMPERATURES ARE ABOVE 85 OR BELOW 45 DEGREES
    ANYWHERE ALONG THE ROUTE OF YOUR SHIPMENT YOU MUST HAVE AN ACCLIMATION STATEMENT FROM YOUR VETERINARIAN. WHEN BELOW 45 THE ACCLIMATION
    STATEMENT MUST STATE THE LOWEST TEMPERATURE THE ANIMAL IS ACCLIMATED TO.

I know you are talking about flying her now, but if you drive I am willing to help! I'm located in Atlanta GA.

Ashle
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Okay, here's the scoop.

There's a company called PetAir that ships all sorts of animals all over the world. The cost is $150, which is pretty inexpensive considering what the commercial airlines charge, and would be alot more in gas considering the gas prices. Your mom will have to fill out a shipping account form which is located on their website which is www.flypets.com and will have to make the reservation for Pumpkin. Their phone number is 816-471-3852. If you get a recording, keep trying as they are busy. I kept trying till I got a live person.

The cost does NOT include a carrier. The carrier needs to be hard plastic that gives her at least 2" above her head so she has room to stand up and turn around. They will not ship her if the temp is over 85 degrees or undder 45 degrees. I've listed their requirements in the last post. They require 3 business days after the shipping account form your Mom completes in order to make the reservation.

I've basically done what I can on my end, Zippy. Let me know what you decide.

thanks i will talk to my mom.Thanks so Much for the info.
    please call me Nikki
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Nikki,

I just got an email from Pet Air. Here's what they said.

$150 covers all airline expenses and Pet Air charges except for the additional fees and expenses listed below. Additional fees and expense: Due to current high fuel cost there may be a fuel surcharge on each order. Fuel surcharges will be determined once a reservation is made. Insuring your pet shipment against loss or theft is available for an additional fee. The average cost of insurance is only $1.00 per $100 in valuation, we think this is a great value and highly recommend it. Pet Air provides the shipper with a shipping packet that contains preprinted air way bills, flight plans, and shipping instructions. Shipping packets are send via Fed Ex. The Fed Ex fee of approx. $16 will be added to the above price. If receiver is paying for the shipment there is a minimum additional $20 fee.

Let me know what you and your Mom decide.

I just got off the phone with Nikki's (Zippy) mom. VERY nice lady. I gave her the number of the airline that will transport Pumpkin. Hopefully this will come together very nicely. She's going to do her part to get the ball rolling. We spoke about what Pumpkin eats, her litter, etc.

I also explained to her that Pumpkin will have to be separated from my cats until she becomes acclamated. If for some odd reason it doesn't work out, I have a friend that will post her on her rescue website. But I am POSITIVE that it will work out.

I'm looking forward to seeing Pumpkin and hope that the transition will be successful. I'll keep you all posted on the whole scenario.

Awesome news Donna, fingers and paws all crossed here for all to go well,Pumpkin is one lucky kitty,I am sure she will fit in fine with the furfamily, here's hoping, keep us updated pretty please, thanks.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Thank you so much Donna

and everone esle who gave advice and help
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010