Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pumpkin found a home in are area!

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!

Donna, I live minutes from Zippy. I am driving to Ohio/Michigan on the 17th.
    I can ask my father when he gets home if this kitty can come along.
    We can get her as far as OH/MI if you can get someone else to pick her up.

If Zippy can bring this cat to me, more than likely my father's answer would be yes.

Please let me know ASAP. As I said, we're leaving on the 17th - I work the 15th & 16th. I would need the cat brought to me either Saturday, Sunday, or sometime after 3:00 on Monday & Tuesday.
    Last edited by Kfamr; 05-12-2006 at 04:01 PM.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Kayann,

Thank you so much!! That is such a generous offer. I only wished for this one particular moment that I still lived in Michigan. Unfortunately, I'm 663 miles away in Connecticut.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Yes but you all were trying to plan a transport? Can't someone(s) drive from Ohio/Connecticut/whatever? I would get the cat pretty far up there. There are many PT'ers and I'm sure cat rescuers between Ohio and New York.

It would be silly to stress the cat over a plane ride and waste the money on a carrier, airefare, etc.

Oh well, just my opinion, guess it's not needed here.

Good luck ladies.

-rx bandits

Kayann,

Please don't take offense. We're just trying to figure out the best and fastest way to get Pumpkin to me. Setting up a transport takes alot of time and energy not to mention gas which is over $3 a gallon now.

Petair specializes in transporting pets all over the country, so it's not like a commercial airline that costs and arm and a leg and the animals are in a cargo compartment. It's actually cheaper than driving.

I did have a thought though. If you guys are going to Ohio for the bash and Paul and Karen are going to be there, maybe THEY could bring her back to Mass with them and I could drive up there to get her. Just a thought.

Again, don't take offense. We're trying to do whatever we can to get Pumpkin here the quickest way possible.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Whatever you say.

As I said, as long as someone can drive the rest of the way from OH to CT, or wherever. The only thing is, we are leaving 11 days before the meeting and camping. I don't think the cat would be happy in a carrier that long.

-rx bandits

Probably not. But thanks for the offer anyway.

Thanks that is very kind of you but we are setting it up for Pumpkin to travel by air to Donna.The wheels are already moving.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Ohhhkay. :|

Good luck to poor Pumpkin.

Wow - Doogie was with Donna and became a Florida cat with Val, and now a Flrida cat will become a potential Connecticut cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Wow - Doogie was with Donna and became a Florida cat with Val, and now a Flrida cat will become a potential Connecticut cat!

I was thinking the same thing!

-rx bandits

And remember the Cajun boys that were in Louisiana and were flown to Massachuttes where Carla and Mike (Catfamily) adopted them. I also shipped two more via a transporter going north for far less than flying.

This is another PT miracle happening and I can't wait until she is safely in her new forever home. This is just so thrilling, I pray for it to work for everyone without a hitch! Donna, she is one lucky girl to have you take her in! Yaaaaa! ....and Zippy can keep up with her here!! What more can you ask for?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'm really getting excited about Pumpkin coming. I'm sure it'll work out with the crew. I mean heck, look at all the fosters I've had come and go. If you do the introduction right, things will work out.

And don't worry, I'll post pictures and give updates every chance I get.

Hey Nikki,

Any word on the Pumpkin plans yet?? BTW, does she like covered litterboxes?? That's what I use cuz my cats dig to China. Let me know, okay??

Yes mom sent in here papers to the flypets.com.Should hear someting soon.Pumpkin has alwas had covered litter boxes.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Cool!!! I can promise you that she'll have the best home ever and I'll give you all the uppydates and pictures you want. Put your mind at ease, girl. She'll be spoiled rotten.