Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now every pregnant woman on the face of the earth...

Now every pregnant woman on the face of the earth...

will be dumping their cats because it's been "proven" that cats can cause eczema in babies. Oh great. Just one more reason to get rid of the family cat.

I saw the "article" on CNN internet. Unfortunately it's a video and my computer at work doesn't have video capabilities.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh good grief! what a load of old rubbish...... IMO the biggest damage to health is the news reports
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I know, I've heard that before.....unfortunately people don't look into the facts. From what I understand, it's mostly if your cat is an outdoor cat, and then it has to do wih cleaning the litter box. So, wear a mask or get someone else to clean it! I already told my husband that he has to clean the litter box when I'm pregnant...I also told him that I'm not allowed to use any cleaning products, so he'll have to do all the cleaning. haha I can't wait to be pregnant!

Pregnant women should definitely not clean out littertrays that is true because it can be dangerous to unborn babies (toxi-something or other)

I also told him that I'm not allowed to use any cleaning products, so he'll have to do all the cleaning.
    Jen, I think the above applies to all domestic chores due to heavy/awkward equipment, long bouts of standing on your feet, etc etc and it takes a good 18 months (or years if you're really crafty) to be able to even think about them once you have given birth
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Well my babies are going NOWHERE!!!

The people I work with are already telling me i'm gonna "have to get rid of my cats because they will get jealous and steal the babies breath"...

And i've already told them all if that were true... it would be all over the news and there would be no domestic cats...

Poor kitties.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

your kitties are cute!!

Eh, there's medication for excema... IF that's even true. I'm thinking it may not be such a common thing because a lot of people have cats as pets. Don't you think there'd be a lot more people with excema than there are - now, and throughout time? Bah.

I cannot tell you how many people asked not IF but WHEN I was getting rid of ALL of my animals once I became pregnant! And they were astounded when I told them we weren't giving up any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brody's Mum
    Jen, I think the above applies to all domestic chores due to heavy/awkward equipment, long bouts of standing on your feet, etc etc and it takes a good 18 months (or years if you're really crafty) to be able to even think about them once you have given birth
    Yeah, I think you're right, hmm didn't think of that. I will have to tell my husband he'll have to start cooking too because ya know, can't be on my feet that long, and for the next 18 months - 18 years I will still be recovering and will really have to take it easy

Brody's Mum,

It's called Toxoplasmosis and pregnant women should definitely NOT go anywhere near the litterbox during their pregnancy.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Brody's Mum,

It's called Toxoplasmosis and pregnant women should definitely NOT go anywhere near the litterbox during their pregnancy.
    I did. My husband was working insane hours and couldn't scoop them as often as was necessary so I figured it was better if I kept them clean rather than have them fill it up and walk all over clumped pee and poop and then get up on my bed and pillow, etc. I just wore gloves when I did it.

I would also suggest a mask just to be on the safe side. You can never be too careful.

I raised two healthy babies with my kitty with no problem. I even cleaned the litter box because I didn't know any better.

Actually having a pet helps children to not get allergies.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I read an article about that in National Geographic, but I'm sure it said something about how we could never be sure if it was true

What a great way to fill up shelters even more

Zimbabwe 07/13

That was the lame excuse Nikki's former owner gave in surrendering Nikki.

Actually the video said it COULD cause eczema in babies.