Thread: Little River

Little River

When we went to catch the boat May 24, we went to some place out in the middle of nowhere. Took I-55 up to the Lake Horn, Miss. exit and went to meet the crew van in Walls, took old highway 61 south a little ways and went down some long gravel road that ended at a boat ramp. No houses nearby, no businesses, just that boat ramp. We got there to find this little guy that somebody had just dumped. He couldn't have been a day over 6 weeks old, clean as can be, no fleas, clear blue eyes and so darn sweet. You all can just imagine how outdone I was at finding this baby out there and how I ranted and carried on over some IDIOT dumping this baby out there. He chewed and chewed on this fish head someone left for him and took breaks to come follow us around mewing at us to hold him. The guys suggested I take him to the boat and if I was sure I wouldn't have been fired, I would have but with my luck, I would have been fired the minute my captain found out I had a cat on board.

The skiff came to get us and I begged and begged the crew van driver to at least take him to the nearest shelter if none of the off coming crew wanted to keep him. When we pulled away from the bank, I was in tears over this little baby. I took the pictures of him, then cried every time I looked at them so I had to quit looking at them. He was far to young and to small to take care of his self and I had real doubts he would survive his first night out there. I said many prayers for Lil River, the abondoned kitten that someone came along and took him home.

The baby I named Lil River and will never get over having to leave behind..
    (that orange stuff is all I had to eat with me, a pumpkin muffin that I left for him)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Awww!! Mom, you didn't tell me about that little guy and I can imagine why. HE is sooo cute. Poor little thing, at least someone cared enough to leave him some fish. Hopefully someone will come along and fall in love with him and take him home, he's too cute not to.

Oh Laura, that story and picture just killed me. Poor little guy! I want him!!!!!! How could someone dump him like that?!

I'm going to try to be positive like Rie Rie and hope that someone came along and took him home.

WAAHHH!!!

From Decker with Love

Aw..... poor little River.. . I hope somebody finds him really soon
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

That's just so sad, and made my heart heavy. I hope somebody finds him and gives him a home or at least takes him to a shelter. I just feel so sad now. I'm going to pray that somebody finds him soon.
    Is there any way you can go back to check and see if he's still there laura?

ohhh..... when first saw the picture, scared me at first, I thought he was broken. just at quick glance. poor him! starving!

you could have of made some homemade collar or something and write on your (or rie rie's) phone number then HOPE someone calls you and go from there. that way you wouldn't have to wonder. I hate wondering, especially when it's life and death.

glad to know little river is at least loved for ONE more day! gentle strokes to him and hugs for you.. thanks for sharing.

and welcome back!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

It was a 6 hour drive from where I live to the no where place we caught the boat. Believe me, if it were only a several hour drive, I would have called somebody to go get that baby rather than leaving him there. I tried and tried to remember if there were any PT'ers in the Memphis area since it was only about 30 minutes south of Memphis but I couldn't think of anyone in that area.

I have nightmares about what could have happened to that baby, so small out there without any skills on how to survive. That was 28 days ago and I am sure he has met his fate, rather it be finding someone to take him home or a deadly end... It just breaks my heart.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Thats such a sad story , that little Kitten out there by himself.
    Why wouldnt your Captain let that Poor Cat on the ship, I thought that they were good luck.
    We pray that that Bay somehow got a home.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Aw, Laura. That is so, so sad. *hugs* to you for doing everything you could. At least that baby was loved by you and, now, by all of us.

and.. Welcome back!