When we went to catch the boat May 24, we went to some place out in the middle of nowhere. Took I-55 up to the Lake Horn, Miss. exit and went to meet the crew van in Walls, took old highway 61 south a little ways and went down some long gravel road that ended at a boat ramp. No houses nearby, no businesses, just that boat ramp. We got there to find this little guy that somebody had just dumped. He couldn't have been a day over 6 weeks old, clean as can be, no fleas, clear blue eyes and so darn sweet. You all can just imagine how outdone I was at finding this baby out there and how I ranted and carried on over some IDIOT dumping this baby out there. He chewed and chewed on this fish head someone left for him and took breaks to come follow us around mewing at us to hold him. The guys suggested I take him to the boat and if I was sure I wouldn't have been fired, I would have but with my luck, I would have been fired the minute my captain found out I had a cat on board.

The skiff came to get us and I begged and begged the crew van driver to at least take him to the nearest shelter if none of the off coming crew wanted to keep him. When we pulled away from the bank, I was in tears over this little baby. I took the pictures of him, then cried every time I looked at them so I had to quit looking at them. He was far to young and to small to take care of his self and I had real doubts he would survive his first night out there. I said many prayers for Lil River, the abondoned kitten that someone came along and took him home.

The baby I named Lil River and will never get over having to leave behind..
(that orange stuff is all I had to eat with me, a pumpkin muffin that I left for him)