View Poll Results: Do you wear stained clothing?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • NEVER, how tacky!

9 14.75%
  • Yes, what's the big deal?

26 42.62%
  • I try not to, but some times ya just have to!

26 42.62%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stained Clothes .... To Wear or Not To Wear?

Stained Clothes .... To Wear or Not To Wear?

OK, first of all let me clarify that I do not work outside of the home .... or I would obviously be more concerned with my appearance. So, let's answer this poll for the non-work attire, OK?

Now ..... If you get a stain on your clothing .... do you continue to wear it, or do you never wear it again and consider it ruined?

ME? If I trashed every piece of clothing (shirts in particular) that I had dropped food or dribbled drink on, I would have to buy new clothes daily! So, I will wear stained clothes .... within reason of course. I mean if the stain was HUGE and all over the article then it would become a house cleaning or painting shirt. Since I mostly live in blue jeans and baggy t-shirts, I figure I can live with the greasy food stains down the front of me!

Now ... let's be honest here folks!

Oh I certainly still wear them. I can't afford to buy new clothes every time I spill something on what I have, that's just about everyday!

Bleached stained clothes are my trademark!

I always manage to get bleach on my clothes. I cannot tell you how many nice jackets etc. have "little white dots" on the front. I still wear them.

I can't stand it if I drop or spill something onto my clothes and it makes a stain, I always change right away. If the stain doesn't come out, then it's to the 'bin with that article of clothing!

Zimbabwe 07/13

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I won't wear stained stuff out and about. I don't usually wear stained stuff at home, either, but, I will if I'm doing something dirty (like painting or bathing the dogs or something). I didn't vote, because I don't necessarily think it's tacky to wear something with a stain on it, just not something I do personally.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I have a "built-in shelf" that tends to collect anything I'm eating or drinking. All my stains are right on that shelf, and not below LOL

Yeah, I wear clothes with stains. I have gotten very good at stain removal though

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    I have a "built-in shelf" that tends to collect anything I'm eating or drinking. All my stains are right on that shelf, and not below LOL

Yeah, I wear clothes with stains. I have gotten very good at stain removal though
    LOL! Yea, I have that *issue* as well! I guess I'm too lazy to bother with stain removal.... but I will do it for kids or hubby ... especially if it's a brand new outfit!

I would wear it indoors, but I'd try to get it off immediately by soaking it in soap. If the stain won't come off, I still consider it clean and would wear it again, but not out of the house. I do have a shirt I wear when I paint, it's comfy, but not for outside.

Once, I spilled wine.... or something, on a favourite shirt. I was a guest at a friends house, but took it off and put into a solution of bleach. Only thing was, that the bleach stains came onto the "new" shirt I put on.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I thought I was only one with a hole in their chin

I would wear them at home, no biggie...and the new beach pens are great for whites.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I do wear them, like you said, you would have to constantly be buying new clothing. Besides, what is a little spot anyway? I usually add another one so it won't get lonesome. (I save the really bad ones to wear when I am doing painting or something really messy.)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

While I don't wear stained clothes to work I DO wear them around the house while cleaning or especially working out in the yard. Right now I have a pair of shorts that have a big sap stain on the back leg and a tank top that I wear while gardening....it's stained so I always wear it and don't have to worry if I wipe my hands on the top or get it dirtier than it already is.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

I will still wear something around the house even though it has a slight stain on it. So, I voted for the option that says I try not to wear stains. I live in jeans and tees, too - so small marks don't really show much. I have stain stick and a bleach pen handy in the laundry room. I keep intending to buy one of those Tide pens that Kellie Ripa advertises

i was eating oysters out of a tin, when I spilled the oil they were packed in on my nice blue shirt.

I was ticked off because I love that shirt.

The worst part of it was I didn't notice until I wore it the next time.

-------------------------

A few weeks later I went to get some brakes for my truck. I was in the Auto parts store and saw that they had a sale on that hand cleaner goop.

As I stood in line I saw that the manufacturer put a note on the top of the car that said something like, "excellent on laundry-try it!"

I thought about that shirt, the stain had set for about 1 month, went home and put a dab on the stains, then put it in the washer....

NO MORE STAINS!

IT was pretty amazing...

http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-1013-.../dp/B000FW4MFM

I think I paid about 1.50 per can....a real deal, considering the job it did....

CHECK IT OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    i was eating oysters out of a tin, when I spilled the oil they were packed in on my nice blue shirt.

I was ticked off because I love that shirt.

The worst part of it was I didn't notice until I wore it the next time.

-------------------------

A few weeks later I went to get some brakes for my truck. I was in the Auto parts store and saw that they had a sale on that hand cleaner goop.

As I stood in line I saw that the manufacturer put a note on the top of the car that said something like, "excellent on laundry-try it!"

I thought about that shirt, the stain had set for about 1 month, went home and put a dab on the stains, then put it in the washer....

NO MORE STAINS!

IT was pretty amazing...

http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-1013-.../dp/B000FW4MFM

I think I paid about 1.50 per can....a real deal, considering the job it did....

CHECK IT OUT!
    Thanks for the tip, Richard! Did it not leave a greasy spot from the cleaner? That's a problem I've had before ... the stain comes out, but the cleaner leaves a greasy spot!

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats
    Thanks for the tip, Richard! Did it not leave a greasy spot from the cleaner? That's a problem I've had before ... the stain comes out, but the cleaner leaves a greasy spot!

No, it didn't!

I am a guy and I was amazed at how well it worked.

It completely took both stains out....they were the size of a donut.
    The shirt was synthetic material....I don't know how well it would work on cotton!