Thread: Tonight was so weird!

Tonight was so weird!

Tonight I was on MSN when someone when a .co.uk MSN address messaged me. He was swearing at me and such. I noticed the .co.uk and kind of recognized the email address.

I asked him if his name was David. It was. I asked him if he lived in Wales. He did.

I told him he was my cousin. He replied by swearing at me more and saying I was no cousin of us his and he blocked me.

I emailed him, telling him to hear me out and listing off my immediate family who had come from Europe.

(Last winter, my Nana had given a cousin of mine in Wales my MSN address and he never talked to me).

So he unblocked me and said, "Oh my God.. are you serious???" and he asked if I knew certain people like Cora. "Yes," I said, "She's my great aunt". And he said, "She's my Nana!"

So I prooved him wrong! He IS my cousin! Our Nana's are sisters, our Mom's are cousins. It was SO weird!!

We ended up talking a whole lot, and he went on webcam and microphone and we told our families, who called other relatives.

It's the first relative I've talked to from Europe, except for a few older relatives who have come over to Canada to visit (only 4 of them). He's only 4 months older than me.

Wow. What a weird day! But all in all, he seems really cool! I'm looking forward to getting to know him more!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

2. That is rather weird

i have emailed my aunt a couple of times who ive never met,, but we
    got her email address over the phone,, so not quite the samething

glade you two found each other

how did he get your email address and why was he swearing at you?

My Nana gave it to him while she was in Wales once. He was swearing at me because, well, I don't know exactly, he said it was his friend; but because he didn't know who I was at the time.

But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

What a great story (except for the swearing). I LOVE finding family members. I called my long lost uncle who the rest of the family sort of disowned. He's my mother's brother. I hadn't seen him since I was 15 (we're talking almost 40 years. I connected with him and have kept in touch (without letting the rest of my family know). I also spoke to his daughter, Maryanne. My uncle told me things about my family I never knew before, and also help me with some medical history, now that I have no one else to confirm it with. I never knew my grandfather had a brother John. Go figure.

I hope you can eventually meet up with your cousin.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

That's cool you found him. Wales would be a cool place to visit!

My grandfather has spent years looking for family in Germany, and finally found a relative that wrote him back! It's always fun to find long lost family members.

BC_Mom~~~~ That is simply Wild and so Wonderful!!!!!~~~~~~~

You're talking about MSN Messenger? Right?

At least that's what I think happened.

...but still why would you randomly IM someone you'd never talked to before and didn't know who it was and just start swearing at them and then block them?? LOL

Anyway at least it had a happy ending, I'm happy for ya Jess

facebook

Cool and swearing at someone (for no reason, yet) doesn't sound like a match for me!

I mean, I am glad you found a family member...but, really, the rest doesn't sound too great.

That's pretty weird, but weird things happen. Perhaps he will be nicer to you from now on. It must have been exciting when he realized that you two really are cousins.

Ha thats pretty funny.

Glad it worked out tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy39
    You're talking about MSN Messenger? Right?
    Yes, MSN messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    Cool and swearing at someone (for no reason, yet) doesn't sound like a match for me!

I mean, I am glad you found a family member...but, really, the rest doesn't sound too great.
    Why do you say that? I failed to mention (on purpose) that he was drunk, and said it was his friend who swore.

Just because someone swears doesn't make them a horrible person. I don't see why it doesn't sound like a good match.