Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Duke's Prognosis*Not Good

Val, You know how I feel about your sweet boy, I have never met him but I just love him so much. Like everyone has said he knows how much you love him, you are doing all that is humanly possible. I pray it isn't his time yet.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Oh Val... I hurt so deeply for you. I will light a candle tonight for Duke. There has been so much sadness lately, I did not think my heart could break any more than it already has.. but it feels like it's breaking all over again as I read this post. Dear Val, you and Duke are in my prayers, my thoughts, my heart. How I wish I could do more. Please give Duke some gentle kisses for me. We are all here for you Val, as you walk this most difficult and painful path.

Love, Jess

I am going to light a candle for Duke tonight too, what a nice idea.

I have been frosted!

Val I am so sorry. You and Duke are in my thoughts and prayers.

From Decker with Love

Oh dear, I just saw this thread I'm hoping there will be a miracle for you and your precious boy. And if not, I hope you can gain happiness in knowing that you provided Duke with everlasting love and that he will always find ways to repay you. Come life or death, your bond with Duke shall never break. It will only strengthen with the knowledge that your lives were both blessed by each other.

Val, I am so sorry to hear this news. I know that Duke means so much to you, and he's very special to all of us as well. I'm hoping for the best, but if this is his time to go, remember that he lived a long, wonderful life with you, and he knows how much you love him. {{hugs}}

Thoughts and prayers from Nebraska............................
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

I'm just seeing this now and I am so sorry Val. Part of the magic of Pet Talk is that we all feel so close to the pets here that it is almost as if they are one of our very own. Duke truly is "one of ours" and we grieve with you that he is declining like this. (((Hugs))) for you and gentle (((Hugs))) for Duke.

oh no! my heart dropped when I saw this. I am so, so very sorry, Val. Just cherish the time you have with him now.
    I will say a prayer for you and Duke and you both will be in my thoughts. hang in there.
    (((HUGS to the both of you)))
    Last edited by luvofallhorses; 11-11-2006 at 06:39 PM.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Dear Val and Duke,

I wish with all my heart that there was something I could say right now to comfort both of you and make all this terrible news go away. As long as I've been a member of this community, I have felt the love you have for this precious boy. I know what this is doing to you. I know you're numb. You've been through so much. I can only tell you that I'll pray as hard as I can to bring a miracle here for you and this gentle soul. Dear God, please make Duke well so he can be here with his Mom awhile longer. My heart breaks for you both. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Love, Terry

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I have two candles lit tonight, side by side. One is for Corinna in her memory, since it the day of her memorial. One is for our precious Duke so that his candle can keep burning for all of us, but especially for his mom.

I have been frosted!

I am so very sorry, Val. I wouldn't wish the pain of losing a beloved pet to even my worst enemy. This is the time in all animal friendships that we all dread the most, especially those of us who happen to have our heart animals, our soul mate furangels, in our lives.

Graham will welcome your dear boy, should this truly be his time. I pray for your strength and your comfort during this heart-breaking experience. Duke will always be with you and he will always know what an amazing furmom you have been. He will be your angel for the rest of your days, until you two meet again.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please try to have a good day tomorrow with him and try to focus on the good times. He will be in good hands when it's his time to leave this earth.

Oh Val, I am sitting here in tears. Duke has always been a favorite of mine..... prayers and gentle hugs sent for Duke from Nicki and me.

Thank you all so much. Your words are of so much comfort to me. I have spent the day with uncontrollable sobbing. However, I must share something with you. Duke and I were sharing the bed that Corinna made him (bless her), along with his favorite blanket. I was as close to him as I could get, petting him and trying not to cry. I was drifting off to sleep when this wave of peacefulness washed over me. Gone was the heartbreaking sadness and urge to sob. I layed there thinking how strange it was. A few minutes later, another wave. I petted Duke and begged for that peacefulness to be passed onto him. He's restless and just sleeps for short times, with a little coughing. I'm not going to make him wait until Monday afternoon. It's not fair to him. I'm crying now but it's so much less than all day today. So, maybe I did get my PT miracle, just not the one I would have really liked, which would be to have Duke well. Thanks for all the prayers. It's so good to know that so many people love my Duke.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I would like for you to know that you and Duke are in my thoughts and prayers. This post just broke my heart. I know how much Duke means to you and I am just so sorry you are going through this. Miracles are possible.