Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so shocking that its true!

so shocking that its true!

last night i watched miami animal police and i shockingly saw that a horse which was injured in a race was brutally sawed apart for horse meat, the programme showed horrific scenes and the sickos that did it took pictures of the process.... need i say more the few horses that were next for the same process had to watch this happening to their friend! luckly the miami animal police came to save them but were too late for their friend! the men were arrested! such a sad sad thing that animals are punished for doing nothing wrong. that horse did what was asked of him. he raced. and this is what he got! sorry for going on, i just was horrified!

thanks to JALB for the amazing siggy!!

It is truly depressing!!!!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I saw that episode a while ago and was sickened by it. The idiots that brutally killed the horse were a bunch of back woods cowboys who saw nothing wrong with what they did since the horse was injured anyways. I had to turn it off I was so upset by it.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Yikes. Glad I missed that episode!
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I saw that episode last year. Very sad.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

WOW!!! I too am glad I missed that one!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Horses are slaughtered for meat every day just the same way cattle are. What makes a difference between killing a cow and killing a horse if it goes for meat? Retired race horses are sold for slaughter every day. I will never understand this way of thinking. Regardless if it's a cow, sheep, horse, pig...they are all animals and one's death shouldn't mean any less than the other.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I agree luckies4me with the caveat that they all should be killed humanely no matter what they arte killed for. I have and will still eat chicken and rabbit but had a pet chicken before and a pet rabbit now.

However I saw this episode a long time ago and if I remember right the argument was that the horse was NOT killed humanely and it was in fact slow causing it to be screaming for awhile.

THATS FREAKING HORRIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by luckies4me
    Horses are slaughtered for meat every day just the same way cattle are. What makes a difference between killing a cow and killing a horse if it goes for meat? Retired race horses are sold for slaughter every day. I will never understand this way of thinking. Regardless if it's a cow, sheep, horse, pig...they are all animals and one's death shouldn't mean any less than the other.
    Horses are animals not to be eaten as they have a non devided hoof,

If you belive in this at least --- I do, so eating a horse is gross & unclean.

I hope this is the right quote.

"All that have hoofs, and divide the hoofs, and chew the cud ;-- you may eat those beasts:--

4 "But you shall not eat of those that chew the cud, and do not divide the hoof ;--

"The camel ; for it chews the cud, but has not divided the hoof. It is unclean to you ;--

5 "And the jerboa, for it chews the cud, but has not a divided hoof ;-- it is unclean to you ;

6 "And the Leaper, [note 1] for it chews the cud, but has not a divided hoof ; it is unclean to you ;

7 "And the swine ; although it has hoofs, and divides the hoof, but it does not chew the cud ; it is unclean to you ;--

8 "You shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their carcases ; they are unclean to you ;

Quote Originally Posted by luckies4me

The method of killing any of them is the issue...not whether or not they should be slaughtered. I personally would not eat horsemeat, the thought of it makes me ill. Nor would I eat dog or cat meat, although others do it; however, ANY animal killed should have it done humanely and quickly.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Some time ago I read an article in a magazine about a program that placed retired race horses in a prison farm, where they were cared for by a select group of prisoners. These were horses that were headed for slaughter. The horses got the care they needed. They were groomed, taken out to the pasture each day, sheltered, and some of them had medical needs that were attended by the prisoners and overseen by a veterinarian. The prisoners learned job skills for farm and animal work. It also had some social and psychological benefits because they could tell things to the farm staff that they didn't feel they could discuss with the guards, they learned time management and coping skills. Some of the horses go on to riding programs for special needs kids and disabled people, and some just continue to live at the farm and get cared for. These horses get snapped up by riding programs because they get such good care. Some animals are part of the food chain but horses are not.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    Some time ago I read an article in a magazine about a program that placed retired race horses in a prison farm, where they were cared for by a select group of prisoners. These were horses that were headed for slaughter. The horses got the care they needed. They were groomed, taken out to the pasture each day, sheltered, and some of them had medical needs that were attended by the prisoners and overseen by a veterinarian. The prisoners learned job skills for farm and animal work. It also had some social and psychological benefits because they could tell things to the farm staff that they didn't feel they could discuss with the guards, they learned time management and coping skills. Some of the horses go on to riding programs for special needs kids and disabled people, and some just continue to live at the farm and get cared for. These horses get snapped up by riding programs because they get such good care. Some animals are part of the food chain but horses are not.
    thats exactly how i feel... an even though these horse are retired, it dosnt mean they have to die, they may go own to have a long and healthy life as this shows, what was done to those horses was just uncalled for!

thanks to JALB for the amazing siggy!!

Since it's gone to this a little bit, If they outlaw horse slaughter many zoo animals will go hungry as that is the main meat source for most of the larger carnivores and it wont be easy for the zoos to pay the extra cost for beef.

Try telling lions equines aren't part of the food chain.

LLamas have a slipt hoove and eat cud you know so I guess those would be okay to eat though they are related to camels?

But there are plenty of religeous beleifs that differ in regards to food, like cows being sacred to some so not for food. So you can't use a religeous resion to decide for all but I totaly support people making the desision for themselves based on that.

I do think it's sad for a previously companion animal to be slaughtered for food but to me it's better that since they will be put down for want of a home anyway than to have their flesh be waisted.

Quote Originally Posted by TamanduaGirl
    Since it's gone to this a little bit, If they outlaw horse slaughter many zoo animals will go hungry as that is the main meat source for most of the larger carnivores and it wont be easy for the zoos to pay the extra cost for beef.

Try telling lions equines aren't part of the food chain.

LLamas have a slipt hoove and eat cud you know so I guess those would be okay to eat though they are related to camels?

But there are plenty of religeous beleifs that differ in regards to food, like cows being sacred to some so not for food. So you can't use a religeous resion to decide for all but I totaly support people making the desision for themselves based on that.

I do think it's sad for a previously companion animal to be slaughtered for food but to me it's better that since they will be put down for want of a home anyway than to have their flesh be waisted.
    I also don't like Zoo's very much, these animals should not be kept captive no matter what reason.