Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Re:Lori Jordan

I'm sorry that Lori has been so ill.Prayers & positive thoughts for a
    smooth recovery.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Prayers and good thoughts on the way! My mom is a type 1 diabetic and I am a hypoglicemic so I know how scary a blood sugar drop like that can be. Thankfully, she is getting the right treatment now.

Sending my prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Thank you for taking the time to let us know.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

I'm sorry but I'm just seeing this now. Lori, attitude is everything....choose to be positive.

Diabetes can be controlled and with careful monitoring, you will enjoy a long and happy life. I'm sending tons of love, prayers and positive thoughts to you.

{{{hugs}}}
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Jaime..been thinking of Lori..how is she doing? How's her eyesight? Is she eating? Please update when you can. We're so worried about her.

I've been Boooo'd!

How upsetting it is to be that ill with a relatively common disease and have it misdiagnosed. One would think that the first thing that comes to mind with rapid weight loss is diabetes. I do hope Lori will soon be posting herself to let us know that she is home and doing better. I know that there are many challenges to living with diabetes and that she will have to make many adaptations in her life, but with support of family and friends and a strong will to live a long and healthy life, she can do it.

GET WELL, LORI!
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I am so sorry to hear that Lori has been so ill. Sending best wishes to her for a speedy recovery.

Thank you so much for letting us know.

Well it does not look good she was doing great,she was going to be coming home in the next couple days,her blood sugar has been at 20-26,they will not let her go until she is steady at 7-10,She is really frustrated at this point.And no she is still blurry vision.They say her eyesite will come back when her sugars are regulated.She looks so sad hooked up to the machines she has a bad day yesterday she ripped her iv out and had to have it back in her arms are so brused from all the blood they have been taking she has also lost another 10 pounds she refuses to eat.thats all for no im on my way over there she will be glad to get back and read all the posts.

Tell Lori that we're thinking of her and sending prayers and warm thoughts her way.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Oh Geez~

I've just been able to sit down and read between chores~

I'll Keep Both of you in my Thoughts and Prayers~
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

I'm sorry that Lori is having to go through this. I understand that she is frustrated, but please tell her to be patient and cooperate with the doctors and nurses! Her blood sugar will NOT be normal until she eats and eats properly!!! If she doesn't eat at all, then it will stay very low and she will continue to feel TERRIBLE!!! Diabetes is a big pill to swallow, but once you are over the initial shock, then it can be controlled through proper diet and medication! I was diagnosed with Type II about 2 years ago myself ... it is now very well controlled! Hang in there, hubby!

Hugs,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Goodness.
    You & Lori will certainly be in my thougts.
    (((hugs)))

I'm so sorry to hear that she's still going through some rough times. I hope that she'll begin to cooperate with the doctors so she can begin to feel better and will get to come home. She's still in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh my goodness! I went into the hospital unexpectedly on the 26th pm, and had surgery and just saw this. I know its terribly frustrating, but ask Lori to have patience with the procedures, and we hold her in prayers!

Jaime, thanks so much for finding time to keep us updated. Prayers for you and for Lori.

It is possible that the bad day and taking out the IVs was all part of the low blood glucose levels. Dad has diabetes and when he is low (or very high) he does really weird things. And has incredible mood swings. And yes, the blurred vision is part of the uncontrolled blood glucose levels and when that gets sorted out the vision returns to normal.

Prayers for the doctors, nurses and other techs and medical types helping Lori.