Thread: I took Tinky and Jupiter to Pet Smart for the 1st time...

I took Tinky and Jupiter to Pet Smart for the 1st time...

Sunday I took Tinky and Jupiter to Pet Smart for the first time.....
    I put them both in the carrier cause I didn't know how they were gonna react.... Tinky HATES the carrier.. I felt so bad for her cause she looked so scared in there but I figured she needs to learn that the carrier doesn't always mean that were going to the vet.... but my big goofball Jupiter didn't care at all that he was in the carrier he just sat there lookin goofy...
    I was shopping for harnasess and leashes for them so I can take them outside....
    A girl that works there helped me DRAG Jupiter out of the carrier and we fitted him with a harnass and he just sat in the buggy real calm... he did real good then I PULLED Tinky out and, poor girl, she wrapped her front paws around me so strong... I just hugged her so tight... after we got the harnass on her we put them down to see what they would do and Jupiter tried to crawl under a shelf and Tinky just sat there in a scared little ball..... I don't know if I will ever take them in there again... I just needed to fit them for their harnasses... Tinky just hated it so and I don't want her to be so uncomfortable.... Well now if it will just quit raining I can take them outside and TAKE SOME PICTURES!!!!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Oh no! I hope she is comfy wearing the harness! My cats always just lay down when I put a harness on them!

Hee Hee none of my pets have been there yet.But I know exactly what they would do....Lindsey (my dog) would walk up to every person there,lie down on her side and just wait to have her belly rubbed.Raskel (my butthole cat) would stay as close to the ground as possible with his ears folded back,scratching everyone he can dig his claws into.Chopida (the scaredy cat) would FREAK out and start meowing at the top of his lungs,clinging to my leg and if we would even put a coller on him,he would start doing backflips (which has happened).
    Phylicia

Zasper loves going to Petsmart on a leash and harness, she runs up to everyone there and rolls at their feet until they pet. She also likes to jump on the shoulder of the cashier as they ring me up. I wouldn't dare take Corkscrew, he doesn't do well on a leash and he still bites everyone that isn't me.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I suppose I am one of the lucky ones here who can let their cats outside. My area is quite safe. Bunny had a harness but she didn't like it much. We now have a run fir her and a secure gadren now.

My cats would hate going to Petsmart. They are only indoor cats so I don't need to buy harness's or leashes for them. Storm is the most friendly of the three. Pepper and Sunny would meow the whole time.

I don't think we have taken a cat to PetSmart. We have taken a few of the dogs. We were going to try and walk the adult cats on a leash outside, so they have harnesses. We haven't walked them outside for quite sometime, but we need to try some more.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

That's great that they had their first outing, Sara. Tinky is probably scared because it was such a big place with so many people and things going on. She's used to your house where it's usually only you, hubby and Jupiter. She'll probably be scared the first couple of times you take her outside too, just because it's so different from what she knows inside. But if you let her go at her own pace, I'm sure she'll be exploring and sniffing at everything before you know it, especially if she sees Jupiter out there doing the same thing.

I've often thought about taking Tubby there. He would love it and would be sniffing at everything and everybody. Peanut would be like Tinky and would be scared stiff. I think if Tubby were a little younger I might actually take him for a visit, but I'm not sure I want to put him through too much as he gets older. Don't want to stress that old body too much 'cause I want it to last a long time yet.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

First time...

The first time I took Princess to Petsmart she Freaked out becaise of all the people and Dogs, so I decided to take her for a walk every monring to get used to being around dogs and people, Here in Lexington Kentucky where I live theres a park where ppl walk thier pets in the morning, we went there for 5 days straight then we went back to Petsmart to buy Princess some food and a new treat , and She LOVED IT, he he... I think its because like more than half of the store is for cats, kinda like a kid in a candy store I guess :-p We have to take her there again saturday for a new harness, she got a hold of hers last night, it was hanging on her leash on the wall, and she batted at it and tore it up pretty bad lol... my boyfriend said its cause she doesnt wanna walk no more but that aint true! he he.. well I hope you kittys like it out side... they are so CUTE!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Kitties Are Love!

Find out what it means to me!