Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Who licenses dog trainers?

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    Thats Mikes way of saying my name casual. My certifications require license and after reading all this, with my experiences, I can say this- it scares me others can claim to be certified after I have SPEND SO MUCH money, time and effort. I know who I am - ... And it scares me to death, that people that have no certification can be " a trainer- "... Jeez- no wonder behavior problems run rampant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It seems that a lot of things scare you to death, chill out. People need to evaluate anyone they choose for a service, license or not.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Thats Mikes way of saying my name casual. My certifications require license and after reading all this, with my experiences, I can say this- it scares me others can claim to be certified after I have SPEND SO MUCH money, time and effort. I know who I am - ... And it scares me to death, that people that have no certification can be " a trainer- "... Jeez- no wonder behavior problems run rampant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Whoa!
    To train a dog you have to think like a dog!

Quote Originally Posted by applesmom
    Whoa!
    YUP!!! YOU heard me- no wonder we get so many posts I tried this trainer and that.
    My opinion now- after reading all this- ALLLLLLLLLL TRAINERS THAT CALL THEMSELVES trainers need to be certified by a REAL SCHOOL and FORCED TO CARRY a license like I do.. This has scared me to death- mail order certificates- GOOD LORD!!!! jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!

Popcorn anyone???
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

YUP!!! YOU heard me- no wonder we get so many posts I tried this trainer and that.
    My opinion now- after reading all this- ALLLLLLLLLL TRAINERS THAT CALL THEMSELVES trainers need to be certified by a REAL SCHOOL and FORCED TO CARRY a license like I do.. This has scared me to death- mail order certificates- GOOD LORD!!!! jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!
    ummm why? If you can prove to me that ALL certified trainers make NO mistakes and have not ruined or caused any behavioural issues in any dogs then I will jump on your band wagon. Otherwise all you are requesting is for the government to have more control in our lives in areas where they do not need to be.
    Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Goodnow
    Popcorn anyone???
    I will take some of that popcorn. Thanks.
    Nicole

To be honest I would rather not have you train my dogs, you seem rather high strung to me and I would think the dogs would do better with a calmer person. Your stories change a lot, you said 2 or 3 pages before you had to be in class in 15 minutes.

I have been frosted!

Very well put Borz., my feelings exactly. There are just too many money hungry people out there and too many naive people who don't recognize what a good trainer is all about.
    As stated, if ALL trainers were licenced our shelters might not be so full of unwanted animals with behavior problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mike001
    As stated, if ALL trainers were licenced our shelters might not be so full of unwanted animals with behavior problems.
    So now the amount of shelter animals is an uncertified trainers problem and fault? How does that make any sense? What does certified have to do with the amount of dogs ending up in the shelter?
    Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by mike001
    Very well put Borz., my feelings exactly. There are just too many money hungry people out there and too many naive people who don't recognize what a good trainer is all about.
    YOU GOT THAT RIGHT.. This thread has been an eye opener- I never thought to ask if others were licensed as well.. jeez! How many times have we heard I had trainer and the problem got worse.. JEEEEEEEEZ!

How many times have we heard I had trainer and the problem got worse.. JEEEEEEEEZ!
    And how do you KNOW that trainer that they went to wasn't certified? The trainer could have been.
    Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    To be honest I would rather not have you train my dogs, you seem rather high strung to me and I would think the dogs would do better with a calmer person. Your stories change a lot, you said 2 or 3 pages before you had to be in class in 15 minutes.
    LOLLLLLLLLLLL IF YOU HAD a high intellegence breed you would. As Dr.Goodnow knows- I have had some of the top rated, best producing dogs in the breed.. My name may have changed- but I have not.. lol.. Right Kym?

LOLLLLLLLLLLL IF YOU HAD a high intellegence breed you would. As Dr.Goodnow knows- I have had some of the top rated, best producing dogs in the breed.. My name may have changed- but I have not.. lol.. Right Kym?
    Oh now my dogs are dumb...how dare you. You are over the top lady.

I have been frosted!

LOLLLLLLLLLLL IF YOU HAD a high intellegence breed you would.
    Ummmm that was rude. I think you need to take a step back. and take a deep breath. You have no idea how intelligent her dog is so to start that was really uncalled for.
    Nicole

Do you EVER stop??

This bickering every night is incredibly annoying and why many long-term PT'ers no longer frequent as much as they used to.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits