Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Who licenses dog trainers?

Quote Originally Posted by mike001
    Can you print the post where I said that please?
    I got lost with that one too.. Cheese sauce anyone????????

Well doggonit! Hasn't this turned into an enlightening thread?

Any of us can claim anything we like since we'll most likely never meet each other. But when all is said and done it doesn't matter how much we brag, what fabulous awards our dogs have won or even how smart they are.

Instead, what it all boils down to is credibility and consistency in our posts on a day to day basis. That's really all we have to go by in an anonymous online community.

There's nothing better than a lively debate until it gets sidetracked with personal issues!
    To train a dog you have to think like a dog!

Can you print the post where I said that please?

You are quite capable of referencing the service dog thread.

I do not feel the need to prove my thread that you said that in, just as you seem to fail to post any link supporting any fact you propose. However several members on this thread saw you state that.

Of course you are almost as famous as another for your use of the delete button.
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

yes all my dogs are very smart, each and everyone having a cgc, td, cd, cdx, ud, tx and shutzund. Agility and flyball I consider playtime for them, but they also have their titles for that also.
    Ummmm question. How do poms do at schutzund?

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/show...17#post1689517

This is your own post and the one I am talking about is post 9.
    Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    nachos if anyone wants them. The bar is now open.. but I do not have much- anyone care to contribute???
    Please don't hijack the thread with nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!

Pass the gin Borzmom, I need a stiff one before I retire for the night. And all I was talking about was licenced trainers.Pass the Tequila, I need something stronger to wash that taste down.

Pt way of handling stress- want some pizza???

Agilitytrainer- you have shelties- and they are know for intellegence in the "dog world". Were you NOT able to train them by your self, you would look for a multi facet trainer- would you not? Because the breed is known for high intellegence - yes you would.
    Same with shepherds etc. As a trainer needs to be on different levels for the highest of performance. Your experience with a high intellegent breed - would make you look for this right??? Thats the point- .. that doesnt mean caseymom doesnt have a smart breed- I do not even know what breed she has- but had she have a "intellegent breed" she would look for a multi facet trainer. Just like someone with border collies etc.
    I do not know caseysmom at all. Never heard anything positive for me to look into it, but thats the point. Certain breeds need more stimulation than others- and thats a fact as you well know..
    As I stated, if I were looking for a trainer, I would look at that trainer's students. I would look for results. I would NOT look for certification or license. And, I don't rate breeds on intelligence. I've met intelligent dogs in all breeds - even those breeds considered by many to be "dumb." In fact, if I had a "dumb" dog (which I even hesitate to use the phrase, as I have yet to meet a truly dumb dog), I would look even more intently for a trainer who posts great results. I'd need the best, then!
    MACH Aslan RE, MX, MXJ, EAC, EJC, OCC, Wv-N, TN-N, TG-N, R-SN, J-SN, R2-CL, CGC, TDI, FFX-AG (five year old sheltie)
    Jericho OA, NAJ, R1-MCL, CGC, FFX-AP (three year old sheltie)
    Laika NAJ, CGC (nine year old retired American Eskimo)

I've been defrosted.

Pt way of handling stress- want some pizza???
    I asked you nicely and I'm asking again. Please stop the nonsense!

If you have nothing more to contribute that's fine, but please show a little common courtesy!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleLJ

Nicole
    Mike, you have poms who do schutzund?
    MACH Aslan RE, MX, MXJ, EAC, EJC, OCC, Wv-N, TN-N, TG-N, R-SN, J-SN, R2-CL, CGC, TDI, FFX-AG (five year old sheltie)
    Jericho OA, NAJ, R1-MCL, CGC, FFX-AP (three year old sheltie)
    Laika NAJ, CGC (nine year old retired American Eskimo)

I've been defrosted.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleLJ

Nicole
    '
    This one I am waiting on with baited breath!
    I am certain she misspoke............. either all her dogs have the titles she claims.......or she doesnt have the dogs she claims...........................

hmmmmmmmmm

Agility---yes I do have 2 Poms, they belong to my grandaughter who lives with us since her parents died in a car crash. She does obedience with them but of course not shutzund. I consider the poms as part of our family just like my grandaughter.
    I was waiting for my last two shepherds to arrive when I joined I think, not sure. But I have had shepherds for over 25 yrs myself. My son also had a small pom when he grew up. No law says we can't have more than one breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Goodnow
    '
    This one I am waiting on with baited breath!
    I am certain she misspoke............. either all her dogs have the titles she claims.......or she doesnt have the dogs she claims...........................

hmmmmmmmmm
    DYING OF LAUGHTER.. HOLY COW.. NOW I NEED A DRINK- .. HOLY COW..

Agility---yes I do have 2 Poms, they belong to my grandaughter who lives with us since her parents died in a car crash. She does obedience with them but of course not shutzund. I consider the poms as part of our family just like my grandaughter.
    I was waiting for my last two shepherds to arrive when I joined I think, not sure. But I have had shepherds for over 25 yrs myself. My son also had a small pom when he grew up. No law says we can't have more than one breed.
    WAIT UP A MINUTE- do you have poms in sch. training? I am soooooooo lost here.. lol..

Please choose one drama and stick to it. The truth shall set you free. Actually with your posts it may set a lot of us onto laughter.