Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Who licenses dog trainers?

Quote Originally Posted by mike001
    Dr. Goodnow....the ADA laws are all over the internet for everyone to read.
    As for our Canadian laws I respect the ones that pertain to me.

I guess if people want to put out their money to train with a self made trainers that's their business.
    I will stand with the certified licensed trainers that I know and admire.
    Canadian laws are also on the internet, none of which require a dog trainer to be certified or liscened.

Now I know how you love to hijack threads with your silly petulant arguments, that mean nothing, so I will once again tell you to enjoy your flailing.

The original question in this thread has been answered. Your inability to verify your spouts and rants, are tiresome, although you seem to enjoy trying to rile people up, to cover your lack of research or any supporting facts pertaining to your claims. Legal or otherwise. You are and have been proven wrong on several points that you still continue to drag out and beat as a truth. Do yourself a favor and understand that it is futile to try to bend reality to fit what you want it to be. It simply is, and it does not change based on your whims, a falsity posted a million times by you still doesn't make a truth.
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Goodnow
    Canadian laws are also on the internet, none of which require a dog trainer to be certified or liscened.

Now I know how you love to hijack threads with your silly petulant arguments, that mean nothing, so I will once again tell you to enjoy your flailing.

The original question in this thread has been answered. Your inability to verify your spouts and rants, are tiresome, although you seem to enjoy trying to rile people up, to cover your lack of research or any supporting facts pertaining to your claims. Legal or otherwise. You are and have been proven wrong on several points that you still continue to drag out and beat as a truth. Do yourself a favor and understand that it is futile to try to bend reality to fit what you want it to be. It simply is, and it does not change based on your whims, a falsity posted a million times by you still doesn't make a truth.
    Dr goodnow----Our towns and cities laws are not posted on the net.
    Actually I don't flail, I am a very good swimmer for our university team.
    Yes, the original questiopn has been answered to my satisfaction by Borzoidmom.
    As previously stated...judge not, lest you judge the wrong person.
    I post what my beliefs are and I stand by them.
    If I want or need a trainer, I will go to someone with the required certification, licensing, experience, references and satisfied customers.
    People waiting in line to train with a specific trainer while there are many others to choose from speaks volumes to me.

If I want or need a trainer, I will go to someone with the required certification, licensing, experience, references and satisfied customers.
    People waiting in line to train with a specific trainer while there are many others to choose from speaks volumes to me.

Our towns and cities bylaws are online. Would you like me to post links to some? Theya re all avalable online. As for your swimming, is there anything you can't do? Seems like you have eitehr done everything or are doing everything. Never met someone with sooo much experience and expertise in so many areas.

Your last paragraph is wrong where you say they are REQUIRED to have certifaction. Show me the proof that they are required to have it? I always ask you for proof and you NEVER give any. If you can give some then maybe so many people would not have such a hard time believing your rantings. As for people waiting in lines for Certified trainers, I know many trainers that are not certified that are awsome and always have a long waiting list. Certifaction means nothing in teh way of if someone is a good trainer or not. I also know some certified trainers whom I would never go to. All certifaction is is a piece of paper.

Please do us all a favor when you post, start off with saying that something is your opinion. That is what everyone else does. Don't post something as fact or law unless you can back it up otherwise all it is is your opinion.
    Nicole

Yes, the original questiopn has been answered to my satisfaction by Borzoidmom.
    As previously stated...judge not, lest you judge the wrong person.
    I post what my beliefs are and I stand by them.

Actually Mike, Bmom was proven wrong to the original question also. She at least had the class to admit it.

I have a license and now I know why- and you know it Kym.. And its because of what my certification is ..My 5 level certification requires a license. So I guess that would mean trainers are only licensed if at my level.
    Last edited by borzoimom; 02-28-2007 at 07:06 PM.

Well, Dr. Goodnow, Boirzoidmom's answer is good enough for me. And seeing that she has people standing in line for her classes then she would be my choice for a trainer.

It is not required to be liscened or certified in any state in US to train dogs.

You need to be liscened and certified as stated earlier if you are training Police units, DEA units and/or Service dogs for the blind.

So the answer to the original question, as to whether trainers are required by law to be certified train a dog is No. 99.9% of trainers certified or otherwise will never even get near a Police dog, DEA dog (unless they travel and bring back things they shouldn't) and most dog trainers I know are not blind.

As to the original question if there is a Blanket organization that oversees or regulates dog trainers as a whole. the answer sadly is No.

edit: the certification in DEA is simply so you may legally have in your possesion both natural and synthetic drugs in quanties for training.

It is not required to be liscened or certified in any state in US to train dogs.

You need to be liscened and certified as stated earlier if you are training Police units, DEA units and/or Service dogs for the blind.

So the answer to the original question, as to whether trainers are required by law to be certified train a dog is No. 99.9% of trainers certified or otherwise will never even get near a Police dog, DEA dog (unless they travel and bring back things they shouldn't) and most dog trainers I know are not blind.

As to the original question if there is a Blanket organization that oversees or regulates dog trainers as a whole. the answer sadly is No.
    I think that sums it up. The two that are arguing otherwise are just, flat wrong, and have been proven so.
    MACH Aslan RE, MX, MXJ, EAC, EJC, OCC, Wv-N, TN-N, TG-N, R-SN, J-SN, R2-CL, CGC, TDI, FFX-AG (five year old sheltie)
    Jericho OA, NAJ, R1-MCL, CGC, FFX-AP (three year old sheltie)
    Laika NAJ, CGC (nine year old retired American Eskimo)

I've been defrosted.

The same goes for Canada.

I guess Mike you are choosing to ignore my request for proof to your statements that trainers in Canada are legally required to be certified or liscenced? I should have thought as much.
    Nicole

Well, Dr. Goodnow, Boirzoidmom's answer is good enough for me. And seeing that she has people standing in line for her classes then she would be my choice for a trainer.
    Thank you. My certification has over 5 things listed- by law I have to have a license because of WHAT is listed.
    If jane doe that has a basic obedience or agility etc- no they are not required to be licensed- .. I am !

Good enough for me Borzoid, experience, credentials, and credibility with a line up is good enough for me .

Good enough for me Borzoid, experience, credentials, and credibility with a line up is good enough for me .

I guess this answers my question of whether you have proof or not. Thanks so much.
    Nicole

Sorry mike001 I have the same credentials and experience, that is how I know borzoimom btw no D in her name dearest.
    And you wouldn't get on a waiting list with me ever.
    I prefer to work with people whose animals aren't brighter than they are.

Thats Mikes way of saying my name casual. My certifications require license and after reading all this, with my experiences, I can say this- it scares me others can claim to be certified after I have SPEND SO MUCH money, time and effort. I know who I am - ... And it scares me to death, that people that have no certification can be " a trainer- "... Jeez- no wonder behavior problems run rampant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    Jeez- no wonder behavior problems run rampant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am sorry but this statement bugs me. I know many a certified trainer that have wrecked dogs with their training. And I know many a trainer who are not certified that train exceptionally great dogs. Majority of the training schools, police training centers and Service dog training facilities were strated by people who had NO certifaction. All certifaction is is a piece of paper. Nothing else. Blaming non certified trainers for the "behaviour problems run rampant" is very judgemental and is false in my opinion.
    Nicole