View Poll Results: PET PHOTO CONTEST IDEAS

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • The contest should include all animals in one big group.

0 0%
  • The contest should only include dogs and cats, in separate groups, of course.

0 0%
  • I like the 4 groups dog/cat/small animal/large animal, with sub groups funny/cute/ugly, and all-around. I don't think prizes are necessary.

7 28.00%
  • I like the 4 groups dog/cat/small animal/large animal, with sub groups funny/cute/ugly, and all-around. Yeah, please have prizes!.

8 32.00%
  • I like the photo contest idea, but we need a writing contest,too!

2 8.00%
  • I don't like the photo contest, but I like the writing contest.

1 4.00%
  • I like the idea of a writing contest and a photo contest, but I want more stuff, too!

0 0%
  • My pet is the cutest! Why have a contest?

5 20.00%
  • Other. Please write your suggestion below.

2 8.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VOTE-VOTE-VOTE-VOTE! PET CONTEST!!!

VOTE-VOTE-VOTE-VOTE! PET CONTEST!!!

Please vote on the following categories for our pet photo contest.
    Last edited by pupper-lover; 06-29-2002 at 07:07 PM.

I think solution 3 is the best !!!
    waw , will be fun , looking at all those contesting pics !!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/sydneybilliepets

I won't be entering into the contest either as I just prefer to talk to others about their pets and look at the pics etc. I don't really want to compete with my freinds in a contest to see who had the nicest looking pets!!

Hey all. Thanks for the imput. It's fine if you wish not to compete. I understand the concern of competing with your friends, and the possibility of people's feelings being hurt if they take this thing too seriously. I personally see this as a way to have fun and see lots of cute pics from everyone (even more than usual). Whatever the game, I always play with the intention of having fun, not beating everyone else. I hope the other people participating will share this mindset with me (It will be no fun if they don't ). I will not be offended if my dogs win didily squat. They will always be the cutest to me.

Even if you chose not to enter the contest, I hope you come and see all the pics .

Thanks for sharing your opinions!

I voted for # 3

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Former User Guest
    I didn't vote because as I said in the dog general, I'm not going to participate. I sure will watch the contest pics then and vote

I voted for 4...I like the prize idea......prizes rock... I also think the writing contest would be cool though, but I like the photo contest idea the best. Both would be great.

Originally posted by popcornbird
    I'd love to see the pictures and vote but my pets won't participate (they will only watch and choose who's the cutest)!!
    Me too.

i like suggestion number 4....divide animals into categories...small,large,cat,dog...funny,pretty,et c....
    i like the idea of prizes...however, i would suggest that the prizes be a donation to an elected animal shelter that needs help.....
    anyone else????
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Originally posted by delidog
    i like suggestion number 4....divide animals into categories...small,large,cat,dog...funny,pretty,et c....
    i like the idea of prizes...however, i would suggest that the prizes be a donation to an elected animal shelter that needs help.....
    anyone else????
    I second this!

sounds like a good idea to me

I love the idea of prizes, but I think that could make things more complicated then it should be. And I also know that being a college student I don't think I'll be able to afford to donate a prize.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

This idea came to me via Lut's post Get Measuring! .

How about a contest for the longest tail, longest tongue, longest ears, etc.?

Originally posted by zippy-kat
    This idea came to me via Lut's post Get Measuring! .

How about a contest for the longest tail, longest tongue, longest ears, etc.?
    That is great. I had actually suggested something like that a ways back. We just sort of forgot about it!

I am surprised at the number of people that are concerned with the contest and it's possible negative vibes. I personally don't mind what type of categories we have, or if we even have winners. We just want this to be fun, fun, fun!

Thank you all for your imput.

This poll will close in a week and a half (I think), so don't put off voting, if you want to add your two cents!

hahaha , zippy-cat , measuring the longest tongue ??? waw , do not think many will dare participate in that one !!! to much bitten fingers ...

haha , lol !!