Thread: Long Lost Lab Bros Reunited Again

Long Lost Lab Bros Reunited Again

I saw this story and thought it was so neat. I wish sometimes that dogs
    spoke English. They would have a lot to share.

ABC News

Lost Lab Brothers Meet at Dog DaycareLong-Lost Abandoned Yellow Labrador Retriever Siblings Find Each Other at Wis. Dog Daycare

LA CROSSE, Wis. Mar 23, 2007 (AP)— They were called Wallace and Gromit, a couple of abandoned yellow Labrador retriever siblings who wound up at the Coulee Region Humane Society. The pups were 5 months old last June when they were adopted out, but to separate homes. Months later, Pat Kucera at Diggity Dog Daycare noticed two yellow Labs named Levi and Cooper would "play like crazy" every time they got the chance during visits to his facility.

"They love playing chase, ring around the picnic table and face wrestling on the couches," Kucera said.

When he mentioned their behavior to their respective owners, Cyndy Lamb remembered the other pup she never forgot the one that was with Cooper when she took him home from the humane society.

She asked Denice Mack, owner of Levi, about her dog's past and found out she too adopted her dog last June.

"When she said he was 5 months old when she got him, my heart stopped," Lamb said.

"I was so excited," Mack said, "because when we adopted (Levi), we knew there was another yellow Lab out there, and we wanted to find him and get together with him."

Mack and her husband Curt said they're hoping to set up play dates outside the daycare for the two long-lost Labs.

"I'm definitely going to take them up on that," Lamb said.

Information from: La Crosse Tribune, http://www.lacrossetribune.com
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

What a happy story! Yay!!!!

Awwww......Such a sweet story! gotta love happy endings!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Aww, what a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing!

That is so sweet. It brought tears to my eyes. I often wonder where Fenway's brothers are. I'd love to see them and set up a playdate with them. He had 3 brothers. They have to be in NH somewhere. I sometimes wonder if we'll meet up with them while walking or at doggy day care or at the dog park. I wonder if they would remember each other.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Oh what a sweet story! I have always wondered if dogs could tell siblings or other similarities with other dogs (that they are the same breed or whatever) and suspected that they could. Now I know it. Thank you for sharing that.

That's the coolest story! It's so amazing how they instantly bonded!!! Thanks for finding this, Liz..made my day..er...night!!!

I've been Boooo'd!

That was a great story. I wish I could find out who adopted Dasher's suspected brother. I would love for them to get to see each other again.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

That's a nice story. It would be so cool to run into one of my pups siblings.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

What a GREAT story!!
    Oh how wonderful they've found one another again!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

What a lovely story! That is just so great that they love playing together.

I often wonder whether dogs can recognize other siblings if they should
    ever meet again. I guess this shows they can and do. They weren't
    adopted till 5 months of age & I imagine they knew each other pretty well
    by then. I'm so glad they did get together again.
    Last edited by lizbud; 03-24-2007 at 12:07 PM.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thats such a sweet story. The same kind of thing happened with my old dog. Years later we discovered that my dad's friends dog was Our dog's brother. Oddly enough both were named Max. However their Max started life rough. Poor fella was hit by a car the second or first day they got him, SO our dog's couldn't have play dates, as my dog was just too healthy & strong to play with his weaker smaller brother.

The Bitch's litter had 2 fathers, on differnt days (it was very odd)... My dog was younger, yet 2-3 times larger then his older long haired brother. His Brother lived to about 7ish. They had him PTS as he was in too much pain & couldn't walk any longer, due to the accident when he was a pup.

king, your story reminded me of somehting. I used to see a woman walking a dog that looked EXACTLY like Star - same colors, same shape, same head...so I stopped her one day and asked her where she got him - she told me and it turned out her dog was also from a litter by Star's parents! She brought him into our yard, and he & Star really hit it off. They looked SO much alike - and even had the same temperment & mannerisms. His name was Wiley (as in Wiley Coyote), and he was an inch or so taller, but they sure looked like siblings! He was a couple years younger than she is - she was the very first litter her mom & dad had together. I thought that was too cool!

I read that story in the paper this morning. Usually in a section about local fires and crimes and such. It was nice to see a good story.
    Autumn and her brother are like that. Buster still lives two houses away. We don't see them much but today Autumn and Buster got to play a bit. It turns out that Buster's back legs are getting bad too. They're definately the twins of the litter.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton