Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven's cancer *Final recheck, pg 38 (post 568)*

I will keep praying longer and stronger for you and Raven. This must and will end up with a happy ending, and hopefully without too much more strain on you. I don't know what to say except {{{Hugs}}}

I really don't know what to say except my thoughts and prayers
    are with you and beautiful Raven every day. ((((HUGS))))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I've been reading this thread for some time now, I am sorry it took me so long to reply. I am so sorry to hear the news. Yous are certainly in our thoughts & prayers. I'm lighting a candle as I type this, for your Raven girl. hugs to you both & some extra scritchin's to that sweet girl of yours.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Raven's in my thoughts and prayers as well.
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Quote Originally Posted by K9soul
    Thank you everyone for your posts, support and thoughts.

Dragondawg - She is on Innova EVO RM formula supplemented by raw (no grains in her diet), so hopefully I am on the right track on diet though I will ask my vet more about that too. I will also write down the things you mentioned to ask him about.

I tried to do some research but can't handle it as there is a lot of grim articles about oral cancers out there and the prognosis.

The conversation is a bit hazy in my mind because I was in a state of shock, but I do remember him saying it was well differentiated and that is another plus. I understand some of what that means due to being a medical transcriptionist.
    Your diet sounds fine. But no more ice cream on the side.

The worst part about having a puppy dog with cancer is the initial shock and often having to make treatment decisions while still being in a haze. Been there, done that with lymphoma. Learn as much as you can about the SCC in dogs, so you know what to expect, and can anticipate any future problems.

A well differentiated cancer is sort of like saying the cells involved know what they want to be in life- associated with the gum or oral tissues. They are committed genetically to differeniate into that type of tissue. Undiffereniated means the cells are more likely to drift off via metastasis and try to become lung cells, or some other tissue mimic. Thus differeniated cancers are less likely to be agressive and undergo metastasis - a definite plus.

Unless an ultrasound picks it up elsewhere, chances are follow up radiation will clean things up.

Everyone, please take a look at Vela's thread in General.
    http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/show....php?p=1794774

Jess and Raven will need our help.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Thank you for linking that Kay, I keep forgetting to do that, my brain is not fucntioning at 100% since finding this out.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    Everyone, please take a look at Vela's thread in General.
    http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/show....php?p=1794774

Jess and Raven will need our help.
    thanks for posting a link, Kay. I've been posting here & didn't see the other one yet.

I'm so sorry about what you're both going through. I lost my baby to liver cancer. I only found out when she had 3 months left. It's a terrible pit in my stomach and I can feel your pain without even knowing you. You're both in my thoughts and prayers. Be strong for her.

MANY more prayers and healing vibes. *HUGS*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Oh, my. I am so very sorry for Raven. I really am pulling for her. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

"Please, Lord, see them through this. Spare sweet Raven. Let her remain her with Jessica for years to come. Watch over both of them in this time of need. Amen."

I pray this helps....even a little.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Jess, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I don't have much money but if someone could tell me where to donate to, I'll be happy to do what I can.

Remember this from your poem????

Sometimes the hardest thing to do-
    is reach for the hand that cares-
    to hold it without crushing it-
    and to let go when we need to walk on our own

Know that all of us are holding out our hands to you to hold tightly and we will help you get through this. You are not alone in this by any means! With all the prayers going out for you, God must be working alot of overtime hours.

Keep the faith. If Pooter can do it, so can Raven.

Big {{{hugs}}} Jess.
    xoxo
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

My goodness... I just read through this entire thread and it's just a heartbreaking case. Poor Raven... she's just a baby! It caught my eye because my father just had surgery for the exact same thing. SCC of the mouth. They had to do radical surgery, and even more radical plastic surgery (his doctor is in Hershey, PA.. .which is a great place for humans... Philly is the place for pets in eastern PA).

I do have to say that he had 3 surgeries prior to this last one. They were quite simple/minor compared to this past surgery. They said he was lucky that he didn't lose his upper palate. He was a farmer all his life, so it was sun damage. It was just such a huge amount that he had been told 2yrs ago that the margins were clear and he had nothing to worry about. That was a different doctor, and he's a putz.

I'm sure that Raven will be able to make it through this. She's a young girl, and she looks like she's got a lot of fight in her! I know it's not the same, technically, as a human's SCC, but having watched my dad go through all of it (he's now putting a cream on his face that kills the precancerous cells... it's really nasty looking), I'm hoping that Raven will be a brave girl and do really well with any treatment that they have to give her. It would be a shame if she had to lose any of her jaw, but as long as she'd be healthy and have a long life ahead of her, I know you'd love her just the same.

Keep your chin up. Be strong for Raven. Your friends here at PT will be strong for you... we'll be here to talk to, even if we don't "know you" personally. I'll be keeping you and Raven in my thoughts and prayers. She's to young and too sweet looking to have anything so horrible happen to her. There's just way too much cancer going around in our pets! Our shelter lost 2 cats in the past 6months to brain tumors, and there was a 3rd diagnosed a month ago. Something is going wrong in our environment.

Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you... take care of yourself and give Raven a gentle hug for me, and a belly rub if she likes those! I miss having doggies!

I believe in miracles. I do. Raven's still a pup and I know he'll beat this. Jaw or no jaw, he'll always be beautiful. As long as he gets healthy, it's a small price topay. Hugs to all of you

I've been Boooo'd!

I am so very sorry, Jessica. Be strong for Raven, she needs you. I have been reading this thread hoping for better news. I am sending you prayers and good thoughts.

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE