Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven's cancer *Final recheck, pg 38 (post 568)*

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    The pictures look as if they didn't take it out at all. I am so glad Raven
    still feel good and hope they can help her soon. Prayers continue for her
    and you.
    It seems very aggressive. I wish I had thought to take some photos right after it was removed the first time but at that time I thought that was the last I'd see of the thing. I'm recording with pictures now her journey through this. I may make a scrapbook someday to show how she beat it, God willing.

This pic I did get just a few days ago. You can see how flat it still was even then, I was still unsure at that time if it was just healing tissue or coming back. I did not know the path report at the time yet.

ETA: Thank you for the link Kay, that is a very inspiring story indeed. Very uplifting.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Jess, you and Rave are in our prayers. I hope she makes a full recovery. Try to stay strong. Give her a hug for me and one for yourself.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Sorry Jessica, I edited my post a little as I tried to remember if Raven had
    a biopsy instead of the removal of the lump. I didn't want to make it
    seem worst than it is. More (((hugs))) to you both.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Please don't worry Liz . My vet did remove the entire thing the first time and sent it for biopsy. There's no way to deny the way it has quickly grown back that it is not a nice thing. It is hard to think about much else! . Thank you again for all your comforting words and prayers. It means so very much.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Thank you for the photos. It makes it much easier than trying to visualize the problem. You and Raven are still in my prayers and thoughts. I trust that my ferret angels will be hard at work doing whatever they can for Raven. Hugs for you both.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

OH my gosh! I never seen this thread til now. I am so glad I seen it. Raven will be the first person I pray for tonight and tomorrow and the next until she is all better. I am so sorry that you and her have to go through this. It is very nice to know that Raven is at least still keeping happy!

Keep updating us, I will pray so much for her and you.

a Pt Friend, Kalei

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

You and Raven will be in my thoughts until this problem is conquered!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Raven looks so very happy in those pictures. What a beautiful spirit! Kay, that story is amazing, a beautiful tribute to Sander. I'll keep praying Raven may have a similar happy story.

I just adore that sweet smile of hers.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Raven does look like a happy girl and that's your doing. With that happy outlook, it will be a lot easier for her to handle all that she might possibly have to go through. Not knowing, I think, is more scary. Once we know just what's wrong, we can tackle it head on. She's such a sweet dog. You two are always in my thoughts. I pray it won't be as bad as it could be.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I'm so sorry to hear about Raven. You'll both be in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Quote Originally Posted by K9soul
    Just got back from the vet. They did not get all the cancer, and it is beginning go grow back already. Pathology told him it would not be able to be excised, it is too deep. He is calling the University of MN to find out what our options are, but it will have to be something radical in order to stop it from metastasizing if she is to have a chance. Best case I am hoping for is if they think radiation will be effective. He also said we may have to remove part of her jaw.

My whole body feels sick and numb. God help us through this please.
    In looking at the picture of your puppy, my Barney could be its twin.

Have the Vets yet to do an ultrasound on the body cavity checking for metastasis? Obviously if it has already spread then radical surgery isn't going to do much after the fact. If it hasn't been done, I'd ask the UM to check for metastasis.

I agree with your thoughts the best case is that if it hasn't gone into the underlying bone. Then another surgery with wider margins, and very quicky followed up with radiation might get it. One item I ran across in the literature is that the sooner after surgery radiation is done, the more effective it is in zapping left over cells. The reason is that scar tissue forming from the operation can form a partial shield for remaining cancer cells not removed. Time periods mentioned for radiation treatment starting was under a week post surgery for best results.

Hopefully you'll get the best case scenario out of the situation.

I just wanted to post this link that I saw for dogs that have cancer. It's for the Vetrinary Hospital for the University of Pennsylvania. It's one of the best teaching hospitals for the care of animals in PA. When a dog or cat is ill, and they don't know what to do at the vet office, this is where they go. This link is for the cancer section... granted it says it's lymphosarcoma, but it does have other links that are useful as well, and links for the vet hospital too.

www.dogdoggiedog.com

Jess I wish there was something I could do or say to make this all go away, but of course the best any of us can do is give prayers and hope that they are able to take care of this and give Raven and you many years together.

Those pictures really made me smile. She looks so happy.

Many (((HUGS)))
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Call me nerdy, but I've been reading up on oral cancers in dogs all morning. Just wanting to learn more about them and thinking of Raven.

I never knew how common oral cancer in dogs actually is. I didn't think it to be so common.

More {{HUGS}} being sent your way.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits