Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven's cancer *Final recheck, pg 38 (post 568)*

Finally time to check in. Glad to see Raven is doing so well considering all she's been thru.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Welcome home Raven! I think she looks great, she still has a beautiful smile. She looks like such a happy girl. I'm so glad she's back home with you. That was a nice video too.

Welcome home Raven. She looks great and I hope that she'll continue to do well. The video was great.

Your video - WOW!

Raven, I hope you are having a good night, home with your family.

Welcome home Raven!! May this be the end of the nightmare!

You are absolutely gorgeous, and it doesn't look bad at all. I barely noticed the area and it looks like it's been healing fabulously. Beautiful video, as well.

I am so very happy for both of you that she is at home and she looks just as beautiful now as she ever did!!!!! I will continue to keep the prayers going for you both and pray that awful disease is gone for good!! Give her some lovin, and give the other babies lovin too.

She DOES look perkier in those other photos. Her poor mouth. I hope she heals quickly.

And the video was gorgeous. *HUGS*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

How is Miss Raven feeling today?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    How is Miss Raven feeling today?

The old Raven is BACK! LOL She's full of fire and energy today. I took her for a little jaunt to Petco and she was her normal crazy self, practically killing herself wanting to go meet everyone. I went to the store and bought some yogurt and canned pumpkin and tuna and salmon etc to give her some variety in her soft diet. I'm supposed to use a syringe and flush out that area after she eats. She takes her medicine easily just tossing it in her food. Tasha keeps sniffing at her face and mothering her.

The main "problem" is I had to take up all her hard chew toys, Nylabones and such, no bully sticks. And she's really wanting to chew. She's also been licking her bed and my comforter a lot, I'm guessing a response to her mouth bothering her. But it still looks good this morning, no swelling or redness or drainage. She's snoozing away now, laying next to Tash .

Someone mentioned liking the pic of all three on the bed, Tash's face peeking at me in that one always makes me laugh . We are certainly all feeling more relieved today!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Makes me so happy to read that!

The T's are going to be jealous of her special diet. What a sweetie Tasha is for mothering her like that.

Poor girl. Just tell her when she's all healed up she can have as many chews as her heart desires.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Aw Jess, that update really made me smile I'm so happy she's going back to the Raven you know. I can't believe she's feeling that much better already. Must be the PT forces at work. Please give her some cuddles from me. And the two Ts as well.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Woo Hoo!! The Raven we've all been missing is back!! And I have confidence that she is back to stay!! Jess, you must be so relieved!! That is such great news!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm thoroughly amazed at what an outstanding job was done on the surgery. I expected the result to *look bad* initially and it really doesn't. It is encouraging to hear that she is back to being her feisty self. Seems like the healing process has already begun.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Rachel, I really think the surgeon did an excellent job too.

I thought I'd post a couple before and after pics that show it more closely. I used a red line on the before pics to kind of show what portion of her lower jaw was removed. But really when you look at her panting, you notice the canine tooth missing more than anything, you really don't even realize there's a chunk of her jaw missing there unless you look close.

Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I am so glad our little girl is better now. Listen to me - OUR little girl. It almost feels like she belongs to all of us. Your video made me cry. Reminds me of all the times with my Sherry. It's amazing how we all think alike. That's what's so great about this place. You feel right at home and you're not afraid to say what you feel. Nobody laughs at you here. Great to be a part of it.

Give kisses to OUR little girl!