Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Raven's cancer *Final recheck, pg 38 (post 568)*

She looks great Jess!! I think she's out of the woods for sure. Please give her some more kisses from me and some for the T's as always as well. I'm thrilled for you all!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

That's got my working week off to the best possible start!!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pitc9
    Please pass smooches to your 3 from me!
    And also from me! I was thinking of you all this morning because Raven's photo is still smack in the center of my refrigerator and I went in there for a bagel.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Everything looks great Jess. I'm so glad Raven is doing well.

Thanks so much for the 'thank you' Raven picture. It's on my refrigerator.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

She is just beautiful, Jess.
    I loved her collar so much I finally got it for Kiara before our trip. Not sure if I told you already, but it looking so good on Raven is what finally made me buy it. It's been favorite of mine from Lupine for a while.

She is so stunning... it seems she has grown so much already. One of these days I need to meet her, and of course the T's and you.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

just caught up - .

beautiful shinny raven I see. she's so happy with you.

Gosh, is Raven ever gorgeous! She looks soo good!

I feel terribly bad that I have not been able to keep up with this thread, I am so sorry! I have been praying for Raven, though!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I'm glad she's still doing so well. She's looking so beautiful. what a lady she's growing up to be.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Fingers and paws crossed for May 25th visit... prayer said, candle lit (http://www.gratefulness.org under group: raven)

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Raven and Jessica, both in my thoughts and prayers tonight.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Raven had another wonderful checkup today. It is really looking more and more thoroughly healed, Dr. Nielson was very happy with it. He wants to see her back in a month now (June 22), to ensure things are still going well. He said he wants to keep seeing her until it looks completely and totally normal. The sutures are mostly dissolved now, can't even really see them.

I spent some of the visit talking about a behavioral issue. She has always been a bit anxious being left but after her last surgery she got drastically worse. She now has severe separation anxiety, she will howl and cry and panic, drool all over herself and try to get out of her crate or the room if I block her in my room. She actually did manage to get out of my room last time I went to get groceries and I could hear her barking and crying when I pulled into the garage.

I explained to him that my comings and goings are low-key, I don't make a fuss when I leave, I don't make a fuss when I get back. I explained how this issue became severe since her last surgery. I had suspected it had a lot to do with my extreme anxiety during the time when her life hung in the balance. He said that week, I brought her in Monday for the consultation and had to leave her, and then Friday brought her in for the surgery and had to leave her. Both times my emotions were very extreme, understandably so, since it was a life and death situation, but she picked up on that, and sensing that and then having me leave traumatized her. I told him since March when I found this I had been in a heightened state of anxiety and I know that she probably picked up on that as well. He seemed very understanding and said that I am probably only just beginning to 'relax' about all of this. After all, he said, he has seen more not make it from malignant oral cancers than ones who do, and he said even his nerves were on edge about it.

I got a month's supply of Clomipramine, a tricyclic anti-anxiety medication for dogs. He says it has been shown to help a lot along with the desensitizing techniques that I am already working on. It's not a permanent thing, just as an aid while I am working on desensitizing. It is not a tranquilizer, must be given every day like a human antidepressant. I'm hoping that will help her. It makes it very difficult for me to get out and do much when I know she is at home panicking and freaking out. She has never been destructive but I will get home and her chest will be covered in drool, she's huffing and her heart racing. Hopefully, we can get her through this and she will be able to relax and enjoy a chew toy or bully stick while I'm away.

Thank you all so much again for all your thoughts and prayers. We love you!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Oh Raven... you are so beautiful!
    I'm so happy you've had another great check up!
    I hope the pills help you calm down. Your fears/anxiety are understandable after what you and your mom have gone through. You are a brave fighter little girl! (...LES) We're all proud of you and love you like you are our own!

{{hugs}} to you sweetie, the T's and mom as well!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Great news again on Raven's checkup. She looks radiant in her picture.
    I can understand her maybe picking up on your nervousness & anxiety.
    Hope the new pills can help calm Raven when she's home alone.Where do
    Tommy & Tasha stay when you're gone? Does being around them help her
    at all? With time, hopefully this can be overcome.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Sweet Raven, I'm so glad you had a good post-surgical report. You look radiant in your photo. I hope the clomipramine works for your anxiety. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you to be separated from mom. She loves you so much and we all do too. HUG for you and for the T's and mom too. I hope that you will all be able to spend some time together the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    Where do Tommy & Tasha stay when you're gone? Does being around them help her at all? With time, hopefully this can be overcome.
    They can have run of the house but I have generally been gating them in the room with her in hopes it would help, however it doesn't seem to make any difference. Her fear/anxiety seems to involve me. Now she is not a clingy pup, if I'm home and she is running the house she is often off in another room or area of the house and I'm chasing her down to make sure she's not getting into something . But being closed off somewhere with me out of sight seems to trigger her fear of being left. Hopefully the meds will help along with working with her. I've been feeding her gated in my room away from me and the T's. She eats fine and has been relaxed with that so I'm doing that every day to give her a good experience with being confined with me out of sight.

I had read about a D.A.P. diffuser and collars too, and may try that as well. http://vetmedicine.about.com/cs/beha...haviorprob.htm
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge