Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven's cancer *Final recheck, pg 38 (post 568)*

I am very sorry, Jess. I will continue to keep you and Raven in my thoughts.

I kept checking this thread for good news. I'm sorry to hear this latest update. I'm sure she will beat this though, she's a strong little girl and she has you to take care of her. She's lucky you adopted her that day, she could not have ended up in better hands. Many prayers for sweet Raven and {{hugs}} to you Jess.

Jess, You and Raven are both such strong beings, I know you two can fight this together. There IS a reason Raven is with you - you are here to help her as she was there to help you. I know she is in the best hands she could possibly be in.

My thoughts are with you, as they have been through this whole journey. I KNOW Raven will be just fine. She is such a young, strong little girl.

I can't help but to shed a few tears as I've already grown to love your little girl and I cherish you as a friend.

I will be here for you whenever you need me. Please keep us updated when you can. Pet Talk is a powerful place for support.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Jess, I was so shocked and saddened to hesr this news. I pray the doctor's were able to remove the entire tumor, and that Raven's prognosis will be good. Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way.

OMG Jess. I'm so sorry. I just can't believe this is happening. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Please get well Raven

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

My stomach flip flopped before I opened this thread. I was hoping so badly for good news, and while I'm saddened to hear that the tumor was cancerous, I'm hopeful for the both of you. I know you two will make it through stronger and more full of life than ever before.

Also, I really don't want to diverge from the topic, but I hope you don't mind if I ask a little question, Jess I know squamous cell carcinoma is prevalent in humans with sun-damaged skin. What doesn't click is how puppies can get such a cancer in their mouths. Did your vet have any idea on how that happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Giselle
    Also, I really don't want to diverge from the topic, but I hope you don't mind if I ask a little question, Jess I know squamous cell carcinoma is prevalent in humans with sun-damaged skin. What doesn't click is how puppies can get such a cancer in their mouths. Did your vet have any idea on how that happened?
    I don't know exact answers to your question although SCC's in people are often related to sun damage, they can also occur unrelated to sun damage as well. However this article might explain it better.

http://www.petcancer.co.uk/cgi-bin/articles/032.htm

It also unfortunately emphasizes the potential severity of this problem, oral cancers are often some of the most aggressive. Otherwise you can google too for more information. I read a bit earlier and could not read anymore as it is too traumatizing for me at this time.

--

To all, thank you again for your thoughts and posts. They are helping to give me strength.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Thanks for the link. It seems like human skin cancers are common as oral cancers in dogs/cats, I suppose. Not very positive news, but, God, I just know Raven will make it through. I hope you two will keep spending happy and loving moments together because you'll have a lot more of them in the future! Keep strong.

Oh my. I am so very sorry. Please try to stay positive. Raven is a fighter and a very brave, strong girl. I will be thinking of her, you, and your family. You both will be in our prayers. Stay strong, even though I know it is heard. We at PT are hear for you. Please give Rave a big hug and scratch on the head form me.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

This is not the kind of news I was hoping to hear. Not at all.

Jess, I am so sorry. You must be devastated. Hold on tight, the M&M's and I are sending some strong, faithful prayers and good vibes to you and little miss Raven!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Many, many pawsitive thoughts and prayers are on the way for you and you're little girl. You will get through this ((((hugs)))))

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

I feel so sick. I was praying for a different diagnosis. I'm so so sorry. But I'm a firm believer in miracles and pray that beautiful Raven will overcome this. {Hugs} to all of you.

I've been Boooo'd!

Jess,
    I am sorry I have not managed to respond until now, but please know that my prayers and positive thoughts are with you both.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Jessica, I too am a firm believer in miracles. My Mandy was one. I will pray to God and St.Francis that Raven will win this battle. I will keep you in my prayers also. {{{hugs}}}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am so very sorry to hear this news. You both are in my prayers and I will continue to send postive thoughts your way, I dont know either of you very well, but you both from what i have gotten in your post seem to be very special, God brought you both together for a reason, just trust in Him and He will get you through this along with everyone here.