Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay guys, K9Soul and Raven need our help

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese_Love
    I SO wish I can help, I feel like crying for Raven and Jess. My parents wouldn't let me though, I'm sorry and I do feel terrible about it. If I was allowed, or if I was older I would send money in a heartbeat. I am still going to pray for them, and wish you luck with the donations.
    That is just as useful as money, and oftentimes more so, God can do anything.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I wish i could send some money, but now i'm like broke, but i will keep them in my thoughts and prayers and when i have money and save i will definatley send it for them.
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

God Bless you Vela, for thinking ahead!!!!
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

I posted on the other thread as well...

I will be able to donate something, not sure how much, but it won't be for a couple of weeks. Is that okay? I would love to help Raven with her recovery and be there for Jess as well. They are both in our thoughts and prayers.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

A donation can be made at any time, even a few weeks from now. Anything anyone can do to help is appreciated. Thank you.

I feel so horrible. My father's business hasn't been doing well for the past few years and getting Ivy was a huge splurge I really want to help, but I'm afraid my contribution will be very minute. I hope it helps, anyways. Vela, can you PM me with your home address?

Please I don't want anyone to feel guilty or bad that they aren't helping "enough". Every penny helps, every prayer helps, every good thought sent their way helps. All of it comes from the heart and I appreciate each and every one of you for your contributions in all aspects, money, prayers, whatever it may be. I know Jessica does too.

By the way, if donations exceed the cost (I highly doubt it, but you guys are pretty awesome so I don't discount anything!) any remaining funds would be donated in the name of PT to another dog/animal in need in a rescue or shelter.

Hope that came out right, I'm pretty tired, but I hope you get the gist.

Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    A donation can be made at any time, even a few weeks from now. Anything anyone can do to help is appreciated. Thank you.
    I will make a donation in about two weeks, when I get my check. I have a lot going on here, but I can spare something. Can you PM me with the info, such as a paypal link or the vet's number? Thanks Vela. You are awesome for posting this thread for Raven and Jess. I pray she gets well soon.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

I'm still overwhelmed by this. And I don't want a single person to feel bad about if they can't send, or what they can send, if there is any difficulty going on, or even if you simply don't feel comfortable with it, I want you to be sure and know I understand and do NOT, not in the very least, expect it. In fact I would sincerely request you keep what you have if that is the case, especially if you are low yourself! I know many folks have already generously given and it makes me feel incredible that they would do that, even a little anxious! I'm not one to ever ask for help in such a way. Until I know for sure what the end cost is going to be, please do not worry about donating even more too at later dates. I promise that if it is even higher than I had imagined and I'm in trouble, I will say something (hard as that is!) I will do that, thanks to a little reminder Slick gave me . Thank you all.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Another option

There exists the Animal Clinical Investigation group. This private Vet company conducts research on cutting edge research in dogs diagnosed as having cancer. Reading between the lines a large Pharma company in need of pre-human trials in animals for an experimental drug will contract with ACI to do the studies.

The positives:

1.They provide the drug being tested for free. Any diagnostics (e.g. chest Xrays, bloodwork) to monitor the course the disease and effectiveness of the drug are provided free.

2. If the drug is not effective they will offer follow up treatment for free. This is bleeding edge stuff in current research, mostly involving anti-angiogenesis drugs, which is a hot topic in human oncology. Very different side effects (mild) than traditional Chemo drugs.

The negatives:

1. Being an experimental drug, it may not be effective. In order to have a controlled study they will not allow other treatments while in the study. Thus the outcome might be worse than the conventional radiation therapy.

2. You must live in driving distance of their area, or one of their regional partners helping them conduct the study. This is necessary in order to run the periodic diagnostics. Unless your Vet is already one of their partners, they would be off the case.

3. A given study may or may not still be open. You'd need to send Email to them to check. They are very responsive to Email, and will answer your questions.

They list a generalized sarcoma study as open.

Antiangiogenic Therapy for Dogs with Measurable Soft Tissue Sarcomas

Thank you for that information Dragondawg. You always have such good information about health issues.

Also for all:

I will update the donations as some start coming in (in the mail etc), so we can see where we are. Thank you everyone!

Donation on its way - thanks for doing this
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I've very embarrassed that I have not sent mine in yet and even more embarrassed that it will be a small amount. I really am strapped for money right now but never too broke to donate to the cause. I still have to go to the bank to get some american money. Work has been very busy and I've been eating my lunch and working at the same time. Will try to do that tomorrow. Again, so sorry....

Jess, you and Raven will be in my prayers tonight, tomorrow and always. If I can beat cancer, so can Raven.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Vela,
    Please contact me and I'll donate via Pay-Pal. My thoughts and prayers are with Jessica and Raven.
    Labmomma X 2 (Donna)
    Love me, love My Boyz!!

Bumping up again. Vela, can you pm me your Paypal email address?

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06