Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creamsicle is going to see Dr. Lee :-(

Creamsicle is going to see Dr. Lee :-(

She's my deaf vestibular hypoplasia orangie and she's losing hair in clumps! Her fur is like silk but when you get to the base of her tail, it's like a brillo pad and the fur is broken off. She has little bumps there and also behind her ears. She's constantly cleaning herself so I'm thinking it iches. Maybe it's eczema, I don't know. Anyone ever experience this w/any of their cats?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

It's nothing I'm familiar with, but I hope that Dr. Lee can take care of whatever it is quickly. Feel better soon, Creamsicle!

Aww, poor Creamsicle. I hope it's something simple that can be cleared up quickly. It's so frustrating not knowing what's wrong.
    Are there any sores in the areas? I know Taz used to get little sores that my sister called Feline acne. He would lose little clumps of his hair too. If you look hard enough you can find tiny bald spots on his head. He never had the problem with the tail though.
    Good luck!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Sounds like flea allergy dermatitis--they usually get it at the lower back/base of tail, and it's VERY itchy. The doc should be able to make her feel lots better.

It does sound that way but all my cats are indoor and have never been outdoors since the day I got them. She's 6 years old and I can't imagine that she would have fleas and the rest of my fur posse should have them, too. I've never seen anything either. I'm really puzzled.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa
    It does sound that way but all my cats are indoor and have never been outdoors since the day I got them. She's 6 years old and I can't imagine that she would have fleas and the rest of my fur posse should have them, too. I've never seen anything either. I'm really puzzled.

All my gang was indoor only, but we humans can bring fleas/ticks into the house on our persons, clothing etc.
    I didnt see them either until the tapeworms showed up.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

My neighbors cat started getting sores and loosing his fur and I asked her when she last treated him for fleas... "Oh! He never goes outside so he can't have fleas! It's not a flea problem!".. So I help her take him to the vet.. Poor baby, was loaded with fleas. Craftladyw as right, WE bring the fleas in on us.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Creamsicle is going to see Dr.Lee

Oh My poor wittle one.. No never had that prob with my girls.. Good Luck at the White Coats.. Keep us posted..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

It isn't fleas. My vet thinks it's bacterial but he did a fungal culture to be sure. But the results won't come back for 2 weeks because the fungus has to grow. The fact that none of my other cats have it leads him to think it's probably bacterial. I'm to call him on Monday to let him know if it's better or worse while it's being treated. He gave me wipes, similar to Stridex pads, to wipe over her several times a day. And she's on Zeniquin and Chlorpheniramine. While he was examining her, he could pull the hair out in clumps w/only the slightest tug. He said whether it's bacterial or fungal, she has a bad infection of the hair follicles. I pray it isn't fungal because that could mean ringworm. Good grief. So, keep your fingers crossed that it's bacterial, as if that isn't bad enough.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Looks like this is gonna be harder than I thought.

Poor little Cgirl. I have to give her the meds twice a day and wipe her down w/those wipes twice a day, too. She thinks she's being punished, I guess, and no matter how much I hold her and pet her, etc., she panics. After I give her the meds, she runs to the stop of the stairs and just wails! And if I try to comfort her, she panics even worse. Right now she's hiding under a blanket in one of the cat beds in the basement. Usually if I get down on the floor w/her, she comes to me. Not this time. She's not liking this one bit.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Poor baby. I hope she gets used to the routine soon.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I'm sorry to hear about Creamsicle. I hope that whatever is wrong with her that it'll clear up quickly. Did your vet mention anything about food allergies? This may also be the cause. Good luck and please continue to keep us updated about her.

Yes, I thought about food allergies, too. God bless my vet's staff. They always call and check up on their patients. And I'm to call tomorrow w/an update. I keep a really clean house, so the bacterial thing has me bugged. And none of my other cats are exhibiting any symptoms, so Dr. Lee will be back in the office tomorrow and if he has time, I'll talk to him. Cgirl is avoiding me like the plague this morning. She knows it's medicine time.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Oh, best wishes and healing thoughts and prayers are being sent to Creamsicle! We hope it's not ringworm and that whatever it is you can deal with it effectively without too much more trouble.

As if you're not having enough already, ... sweet Cgirl, please don't be afraid to take your medicines.. They are going to make you feel much better, and you know your beloved Meowmie would never do anything harmful to you.

Love, Purrs, and Hugs,
    Pat, Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, Sydney, and Elmer
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

She definitely holds a grudge. She's cuddled up w/Puddy right now, glaring at me. Puddy's probably telling her "Yeah well, she sticks a needle in me, so stop yer whinin'." I got down on the floor w/her again and she walked away. LOL
    Blessings,
    Mary