Thread: Sherman #369 He is gone.

Hybrid View

Sherman is on the road to recovery.
    It took a couple calls, but we found a vet's office that would take him at 10 am. They were very nice, and he's got anti-biotics and a cough supressant. He's been hacking his head off for 48 hours, but of course as soon as we walked into the vets, he didn't cough once.
    Found out that RI only honors a 3-yr. rabies shot for 2 years ( ), so he also got his rabies now instead of next winter, and a vaccination against lyme disease (they have lots of it here).
    He coughed again as soon as we got home, but I'm hoping by this evening it will subside. He can stay inside, too. Star's been exposed so if she gets it, she gets it They said some dogs appear to be carriers but not suffer from it themselves, so maybe she'll continue to be fine.
    Thanks for all your good thoughts.

My dearest Shermie.....
    I'm so sorry you've been coughin' but I'm glad to hear you're on your way to getting better! Make sure to take all your medicine!!

Glad you all made it to your new home safely! What a crummie way to start out life in your new town huh?
    Guess you should have just stayed here in Ohio!

Hope you don't give this icky stuff to your sister!!

Smooches and tail wags...
    Yours always... Sierra.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

When Molly was sick with kennel cough as a pup, we gave her 1 1/2 tablespoons of plain yogurt everyday. It's a probiotic. I suggest giving it to Sherman to help his out his body.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Just seeing this now, sorry to hear about Sherman it must have made the trip even more nerve-wrecking than normal. As a true pet lover who is the first person you meet in your new town...the veterinarian, of course. I sure hope Mr. Sherman is feeling better soon, and that Star doesn't suffer any adverse reaction to being coughed on.

Oh Sherman, you did NOT get that ickingness here in RI; you got it at the dog park visit before you moved.

Glad to hear that you are doing better!

Pat, yah, it is a nuisance with the rabies shots. Mass. honors the 3 year, RI only 2. So I go to a vet in Mass, get the 3 year shot, and a certificate which says it is only good for 2 years. Go figure! Sugar came from Ohio, her documents showed the 3 years shot, but she is set up to get it again after 2 years. It just depends on the local laws.

Now the cats, they were also getting the 3 year, valid for 2. But now my vet is giving Purevax, which is only tested and valid for ONE year. Oh joy. Next year, I get to have all NINE cats AND THE DOG in for rabies shots. (I had the cats staggered, half each year.) Now THAT should be an interesting vet visit! (Not to mention a bill!)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    Oh Sherman, you did NOT get that ickingness here in RI; you got it at the dog park visit before you moved.
    Well, he may have also gotten it waiting in the vets office to get those daggers of his clipped off before we left. He's much much better today. Only heard one cough all night!

Oh great news that he is feeling better; and you are ALL getting some sleep!