Thread: Sneaking in the back door!

Sneaking in the back door!

Yep! I have snuck in the back door from Paducah, Kentucy! It was a long drive up here and I didn't arrive until around 1am. Got all my stuff done to prove to them I am fit to go back to work and the boat won't be in a good place until tomorrow for me to get on so I am in a nice hotel with wireless internet and thought I would drop in!

It was so pitiful yesterday when I was putting the last few things in my suitcase. Poor Kitty Boo was sitting on top of them crying so pitiful like she knows exactly what those suitcases and all the things I was doing meant. I kissed each of my babies goodbye and left with tears in my eyes..

I got to see the new home office and I was ever so impressed with everything.. It is a FINE BIG place with tons of parking and really good security for those who leave their cars there while they work. The building was built to look like the wheelhouses on the tow boats and it looks awesome from outside...

I CAAWS VOTED today online and in text and I see we have about a 5% lead now! WOW! Thanks for all your help with that. Later

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

My gosh Laura, it seems like you just get back here before you have to leave again. Have a safe trip and see you when you get back.

I must have missed something as I don't know what you mean by, "Got all my stuff done to prove to them I am fit to go back to work." I guess I have some searching to do.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I have been having trouble (pain) with my right shoulder and had a MRI. It showed I have tendonitis but the company wanted to make sure I would be able to work without costing them anything for a bad shoulder (that is not work related) since getting on and off the boats requires 2 GOOD arms and shoulders. These last few days it has made such leaps and bounds in healing that it feels like a new one.

We Are Hoping That Retirement Is Not Too Far Off. That Was The Greatest Day Of My Life When I Could Devote Myself To The Found Cats.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What's Laura talkin about ??

For those who don't know, Laura is the COOK on board a huge Mississippi River Tug Boat!

She and her crew-mates spend 28 DAYS traveling up & down the river - Pushin Freight.
    Laura spends those 28 days "feeding the crew" four meals a day - EVERY day.

Here's an earlier thread with Photos of "her" Boat -
    the Flagship of the Ingram Barge Company, the "M/V John M. Donnelly".

Thread: "Pictures from the Mighty Mississippi" >>>
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=70859

/s/ Phred

Good luck with your shoulder! Gosh it does just seem like you got back.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I can't believe it's time already, and even with the extra days to heal. I hope you have a safe trip and keep feeling better.

See you soon!

From Decker with Love

Near Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest

Have a safe trip

The Tribe think your job is waaaayyy cool. Except for being cat-less for 28 days - that kind of bites - but Tiger is especially facinated by boats ( on the TV ).
    so he would love to take a ride on a Tug boat some day. (Or on our little 30 ft. Monk that we have here on Puget Sound.) He likes to drive....

hope the time goes fast!
    Tiger, Percy, Antoinette, Scooter,Norbert,Willy, Pippin
    www.tribeof7.com

Heck, I have been off 5 weeks because of this shoulder instead of the usual 4. The company has so many cooks out that they had no one to work in my place while I was off so my guys have been without a cook this week they have been on. My Captian and pilot (the one who steers when the Cap is off watch) have called and called and called telling me how much they miss me. Rick, our pilot even called late the night I was driving up here and told me of I got sleepy and needed to talk to stay awake, to call him and he would talk to me as long as it took, even if that meant until I arrived in Paducah. The Captain calls when he is on watch and the pilot calls when he is on watch so they are keeping real close tabs on me.. Ha.. it should be a real WELCOME HOME party when I get back on today!