Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kiki's Paw

Paws are a tough place - it's good she'll keep her wrap on. do you have any booties? Star has injured her paw pads & she didn't seem to mind wearing a bootie. It helped keep the wrap clean too. Kisses to Kiki's little paw, hope she heals up soon.

Well, she was good about keeping her wrap on, until Mufasa decided to take it off for her.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    Well, she was good about keeping her wrap on, until Mufasa decided to take it off for her.
    Moo ... you're helpful! But, please let mom re-wrap Kiki's paw so it will heal and she can be your swimming buddy again.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Since Moo tore it off there wasn't any wrap on it all day. It's probably a good thing though, as it was able to get air all day and that sometimes helps with healing.

Here she is tonight after being cleaned, antibiotic ointment and rewrapped. Tired little girl. She's been soooo bored since I've been limiting her activity.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Awwwwwww. Poor Kiki. Get better cutie pie.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Awe! Poor little girl! I know I'd be screaming up a storm if you put alcohol on one of my cuts!

You're a brave girl, Kiki! I'm sure you'll get some extra treats out of this one!

I misssed this? *knocks self on head*

What a good little sweetie you are, Kik while ma cleans and wraps. Poor little angel. I'm sure you'll be healed in no time. *K9k kisses boo boo thru screen*

Aw..look at Nala's face...and..most of all..thanks for your help, Moo Man!

I've been Boooo'd!

Oh no poor baby!!!!! That had to have hurt her so much, what a brave and wonderful girl she is. please tell me your secret to her just letting you do whatever...lol Reilly is not cooperating at all, we have ointment we are supposed to put in his eye until his surgery, ya ok we only have been able to get it in there about 5 times. he is like a tiger, we cant hold him down and he bites...lol
    I really hope she gets to feeling better.

Ooooouchie!

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    When the neighbor's dog bite Buddy on the foot, he never touched the wrapping, it was Sierra that would always take it off!
    Guess Moo wants all the attention on him!

Glad the swelling went down! When I wrapped Buddy's foot, I would put a sock on his foot to keep the wrapping clean, I'd tape the sock to his foot so it's didn't come off. (unless.. Sierra got to it )
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Ohhh! Poor KiKi! Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Oh no, poor Kiki. I hope her paw gets feeling better soon!!

An old remedy that has long been used when farm animals get a cut, after washing the area (degree of trauma dictates), sometimes hydrogen peroxide is for initial flushes then drying the area and bandaging (elizabethan collar can help with some pets) is all that is needed. But if there is a deeper puncture associated with it (horse steps on nail, dog cuts foot on piece of wire, etc) then soaks with epsom salts are handy. An old rain boot can be used for this. Wash out and then put in a double handful of epsom salts and warm water. Put the dog's paw into it and give chest scratches and ear fluffles for about five minutes, then dry the foot and loosely bandage.

I have also used a ziplock lock bag for the Epsom salt treatment.

A friend of mine Down Under had a dog get badly cut on the beach. The vet at the local clinic (a beach she was visiting) did some stitching on the dog but the dog had reaction to the stitches. After a week or so there was no healing progress, there was puss leaking out of the wound and constant drainage. The vet for some reason was no help at all and kept blaming her for not keeping it clean (at home, the dog lived inside the house). So my friend, (also a horse owner but she has to board) opted for the epsom salt soaks 2x a day and in a few days the stitches were cleaner. She cut the stitches out so the inflammation would go down further and in a few days time, the dog healed up just fine. This was a large breed dog over ten years old.

Antibiotics for punctures are usually "a given" (dog fights can result in deep punctures). Some dogs that are not usually exposed to dirt, squeaky clean environment, the usual flea / chemical exposures of home living and have lived on commercial foods their whole lives, often do better if they are taken to the vet and also given antibiotic prophylaxis along with care for the injury. This has to do with a weakened immune system/immune compromise. So in some cases, older dogs, younger dogs, sensitive ones -- may sometimes need antibiotics.
    Semavi Lady Visit the blog!

Give your poorly pawsie time to heal and you can soon have lots of fun again
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk