Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My foster, Mama Rosie - poor prognosis post 29

Major LES here

Mama Rosie, I wish you many days of sunny windows, many nights of sleeping next to your very caring and loving Person, and hugs on top of hugs. *smooch*
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh that poor soul! Always the innocent who suffer. Bless you for taking her in, and I hope that she feels absolutely content until her time will come to cross the Bridge. I'm so glad that she's with you until that time. Please give her some gentle hugs and some kisses for me on that sweet head of hers. Rest up Rosie, enjoy your time with Lizzie.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm also sorry that you don't have much time left together but at least she now knows what a loving home is like. May you remain as comfortable as possible in the days that you have left Mama Rose.

This really brings tears to my eyes. Thank you so much, Lizzie, for having the tenderheartedness to bring her home and make her last days full of love, sunshine and a full tummy. GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Oh, Lizzie...you seem - seem - to be so accepting of this. Not the same as being happy about it....

My brain just starts on the 'excise the stuff and feed her by hand', 'try prednisone for the swelling, buy some more time' - but a cat without a tongue...oh god, that poor kitty.

How is her mood, Lizzie? Has she gained some weight, grown some fur?

So many things happen that are not fair to cats or people, and many have happened lately, but every once in a while, it hits me that this is JUST SO UNFAIR.... Had those other vets seen this earlier, would it have mattered?

Dear Mama Rosie picked you, is clean and eating, has your lap, and the sun...why you, sweet Rose?

Please give her a hug and a pat for me. A nice ruffle-the-fur-caress hug, and a kiss on that dear forehead.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Big HUGS to you, Lizzie, and gentle cuddles to Rose. The whole world is more blessed for Rose having found you.

Love, Columbine

That's a good suggestion, about steroids, I'll ask the vet tomorrow.

He's never seen anything quite like Rose's tongue and the lab was a bit thrown also. The major problem for us is that we have no history, we have no idea how or when her tongue became so infected and "bad". I emailed the volunteer who had been trying to get Rose help and she said that until 2 months ago, Rose had been able to eat treats and regular food. However, it's obvious that her tongue has been in poor condition for some time. You know how good cats are at eating through the most incredible pain and discomfort.

There is no way the vet could excise anything, and it still wouldn't give her a working tongue. She bled so easily that she really scared the vet, he was afraid he was going to lose her on the table through blood loss if he did anything else. He doesn't know why that is happening either. As he said, the tongue is very vascular but he's never seen it bleed that easily and freely from the tiniest hole.

Her mood? She's feisty, demanding, pushy, adventurous, determined, but also loves curling up against me in bed.

I'll give her a few extra shoulder massages and head kisses tonight from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Oh, Lizzie...you seem - seem - to be so accepting of this. Not the same as being happy about it....

My brain just starts on the 'excise the stuff and feed her by hand', 'try prednisone for the swelling, buy some more time' - but a cat without a tongue...oh god, that poor kitty.

How is her mood, Lizzie? Has she gained some weight, grown some fur?

So many things happen that are not fair to cats or people, and many have happened lately, but every once in a while, it hits me that this is JUST SO UNFAIR.... Had those other vets seen this earlier, would it have mattered?

Dear Mama Rosie picked you, is clean and eating, has your lap, and the sun...why you, sweet Rose?

Please give her a hug and a pat for me. A nice ruffle-the-fur-caress hug, and a kiss on that dear forehead.

Well, we do have people w/out tongues or the use of them.... they get feeding tubes and things like that. Would that be an option for her??? I mean, she may not be eating on her own, but at least she'd get nutrition into her.

Ugh!!! I just want to pick her up and hold her forever. She makes me just want to sit down a cry over the state of our pets today and why do people allow this to happen?! Why??? They haven't done anything to us, and yet they suffer but love us inspite of the suffering and just want to love and please us. It just rips me apart.

I think of that poor baby kitten in California, or Florida, where ever it was, that two girls set on fire just to be mean. What makes children so heartless and cruel to do that to something so small and innocent. You hold that baby kitty in your arms and feel its purr, and the love it just wants to give and receive, and I can't imagine anyone coming to that conclusion. Those weren't children... those were heartless people raised by other heartless people who don't even have a conscience.

Our world is in for one hell of a wake up call when the younger generation comes to take over. Let's hope there is a miracle of some sort so that we are all more humane to eachother in the not too distant future.

Oh Mama Rosie, I thinking of you, you have touched so many hearts here on PT with your story.
    I will pray you will be as happy and comortable as possible until the time comes for you to cross over to the bridge. You will have many friends there to play with.

I think this has to be one of the most heartbraking stories I have come across since being on Pet Talk....Bless you for taking her in and loving her, she deserves it so so much.

I'm so sorry that the news on Mama Rose is not better. Gentle hugs to her while she enjoys her days of sunshine and her nights of cuddles.

Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated.

OH MY GOD!! This poor baby.. I am sitting here crying over this whole sad thing. Damned those people who abondoned this baby! After years of faithful companionship, that was the thanks she got?

God bless you for bringing her home and giving her some tender loving care so she won't have to go to the bridge thinking nobody loved her anymore. She is obviousley in the right hands now so love her all you can so when the time comes, she has known happiness and love again.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Lizzie,

I just want you to know that I think you did a remarkable, kind deed to take Rosie in. What a kind soul she is. She deserves to be pampered and I can't think of anyone more caring and loving than you!!

Please give her headbumpies and kisses for me, will ya? You did good kid!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

This is so sad. One thing is for sure Lizzie, at least she got to know what it is like to have someone truly love, and care for her. That is all thanks to you. You, and dear, sweet Rosie will be in my thoughts, and prayers. Please keep us posted.
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

Thank you, Lizzie, for taking care of Moma Rosie. If Pet Talk prayers won't cure her, at least she will know love and comfort for the time she still has.

Prayers being sent for a miracle and Hugs to you.

I'm so sorry.

Thank goodness she has you Lizzie.

From Decker with Love