Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My Step-dad has Cancer*Update Post #51*

Well he is still bleeding, but now he is also having heart probs. They still havent taken him off of the ventilator either. Hopefully it will be taken out by tomarrow. hia heart rate is too fast, and is causing concern. Now the docs are worried about possible stroke! I am tired, and cannot see straight anymore, will try to update later!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

More prayers headed out for your dad. I do hope that the worst is now over and that he will be on the road to recovery, even if it is seemingly small steps.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Prayers for your dad and all of you waiting. I hope he stabilizes soon...

{{{{{hugs}}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Well I made it home. I saw dad this morning before I left and he looked much better. The internal bleeding seems to have stopped, and they got his Heart rate back to normal, it was about 80-85 BPM today, where as yesterday it was 140-145BPM. They are taking him off the resperator later today, so that is good. He seems to be turning around today. I didnt get to talk to him this morning, cause they still had him knocked out. But I will be going back up to see him in a few days. I feel much better!! Thank you all so far for the parayers, my family appreciates it!!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Good news...I hope he is on a steady course right now and I am sure he will be glad to see you!

Well dad is improving, and they took out the breathing tube tuesday, and have taken him out oof ICU to a real room. they have had him out of bed, in a chair, and he was able to eat some last night, his first meal in 6 days! However it stll doent seem like he will be home anytime soon, as he is having a difficult time standing/walking. They are not sure why, but are running some tests. We will be going to visit him this weekend.
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Surgery can be really rough on anyone's system, even if they are otherwise healthy.

Your dad hasn't been using his leg muscles and such for a few days...hopefully a physio person from the hospital can help him get moving again. And eating some more food will help too, I think!

Great news that he is improving...I hope you have a great visit with him!

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Surgery can be really rough on anyone's system, even if they are otherwise healthy.

Your dad hasn't been using his leg muscles and such for a few days...hopefully a physio person from the hospital can help him get moving again. And eating some more food will help too, I think!

Great news that he is improving...I hope you have a great visit with him!
    Oh dont I know it!! A 79yr old man, with bad health, this was all to be expected. Thankfully he shocked the doctors and made it through the surgery, which they didnt think he would. But he is one stubborn old man!

The problem with his legs, is he has blocked arteries in them, and they have been a concern for quite some time now. He did have, while laid up in the ICU these cuff like things that went around his legs(looks like large bloodpressure cuffs)that constantlly inflated and deflted, to keep the blood flowing properly to his legs.

Right now I just think he is too weak. which I am sure after a few days of eating and moving around will help.
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!