Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Step-dad has Cancer*Update Post #51*

My Step-dad has Cancer*Update Post #51*

Fri, my dad was admitted to the hospital, for blood in is urine. after a few tests, it was found that he has a tumor on one of his kidney. the immediately sent him in for a Bioppsy, we are still waiting on the results. They are testing his other Kidney this week to see if it is Okay to support him, since they will more than likely have to remove the kidney with the Tumor.

I am very scared as my Step-dad is 79 yrs old, and is not in the greatest of health! He has lung problems, heart problems, and Leg problems. I am not ure if he can even withstand The operation to remove the kidney.

My brother, has put off leaving for College this year, he was supposed to go on the 20th. He is waiting till next year.

My mom is a mess! They have had a rough year this year, as mom was just out of work, due to Deteriorated disks in her back. I am more concerned about her, as she does not handle things like this very well, and could just brake down!

If you could, please send my Family a prayer. We could definitely use some!
    Last edited by critter crazy; 11-01-2007 at 10:03 PM.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

He will be in our prayers, as will your whole family be. Just so you know, I know a couple people who have lived a long time with just one kidney, so if they have to remove it, that needn't mean nay great change in his life or anything, apart from recovery from the surgery, of course.

I am so sorry that your family has to go through this. I really wish the best for you all.

My thoughts and prayers are going out for your Step-Dad and the whole family.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Oh My! I'm so saddened to read about your step dad. Keep your chin up, it may not be cancer. I pray it isn't. Prayers go out to all of you.

I've been Boooo'd!

Hugs and prayers to you and mom and Step-dad.

If they do have to remove his kidney, maybe they can do laporoscopy...that means very small incisions, and maybe just one, and he will heal a lot faster.

I am sure they will do their best to make sure he is healthy enough for surgery.

And, like Karen said, many people do very well with one kidney.

Your brother and you are there for your mom....that is so wonderful.

HUGS again, and prayers that all works out for the best.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

**HUGS** GREAT Vibes for you and your family!!

One kidney is fine CC. In fact most doctors are of the opinion that one kidney does more than what the body requires of kidneys. So why have two ????? Most doctors believe that we have two because if one fails, we have a backup.
    My youngest daughter has one normal kidney, and the other one is about the size of a jelly bean.....it simply never grew. Which is why we keep an eye on what she eats and drinks (yes yes.....now you know why I get into such heated debates about soda and junk food)
    Wom

"I'm Back !!"

My prayers are with you and your family. I am so sorry to hear of this news.
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

I am so sorry to hear this. I will pray for the best.
    Justin and the pups.

I'm so sorrry to hear this. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Thanks everyone.
    I know most people can do well with just one kidney. I just hope things do well, and he will be okay. I just hope it isnt cancer, but if it is, i hope it hasnt spread anywhere else, and the removal of the Kidney, will help. Right now it is just a waiting game. Will keep you all posted.
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

MY thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Well the results are in, My Step-dad has Cancer! The cancer is in the tube, that connects the kidney to the Bladder. They are running tests next week, to find out if his other kidney will be enough for him to live on. But the Doctor is very doubtful. Between my Dads age, and all his other medical problems, they think that he will more than likely be placed on Dialysis. The doctor was not giving us good vibes at all, when the doctor looks scared, It realy makes you worried!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Oh that is such bad news! I'm so sorry that you, your family and your stepdad are going through this. I can't imagine how devistating it would be

I will remember him in my prayers tonight.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo