Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will have surgery next week, I may have cancer!!

Will have surgery next week, I may have cancer!!

I have been diagnosed with a huge ovary cyst on Monday, and now it turned out the tumor marker for ovary cancer is slightly increased, so my gynecologist made an appointment for me at the hospital. I will go on Monday, and the surgery will most likely be on Tuesday next week.

All this comes very fast and unexpected, and is a huge shock. Needless to say, I'm very scared. I lost almost all my family from cancer already.

Kirsten

Kirsten you are in my prayers. I do hope and pray that it's non-cancerous. I don't know what to say, this is so scary, I know. Just know that there will be lots of people praying for you during this scary time.

Kirsten, while all my thoughts go out to you: a cyst is a b...y nuisance but it does not have to be cancer and the tumor markers in especially this case are very unreliable.
    So concentrate on getting rid of that cyst- and we all will keep our fingers crossed that it is not ovary cancer.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Kirsten. I hope it's nothing serious. Hang in there and stay with us here at PT for support.
    {{{{{KIRSTEN}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Prayers and good thughts your way!

(((Hugs)))
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

Kirsten, you will be in my thoughts & prayers for a good outcome. I hope
    this turns out to be an annoyance and not cancer at all. It's bad enough
    that the Dr feels it should be removed,then it's good to do it asap.I will be
    keeping you in my prayers.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kirsten,

Thoughts and LOTS of prayers coming your way from CT.

I have fibroid tumors all the time and they are no fun. Here's praying yours is nothing to be concerned about.

(((((HUGS)))))

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Kirsten, I hope it's not cancer, but in any case, it's good to have it removed.

Sending lots of positive thoughts for a good outcome!

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

oh my gosh I really hope that its not cancer. i will definitely be praying for you this week. good luck with the surgery!
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

{{{{hugs}}}} Kirsten - I am glad the docs are taking care of this right away!

Before my hysterectomy, I wanted the 'marker' test to see if I should keep my ovaries or not. My doctor said, that in healthy women, the marker test was a false positive most of the time.

Prayers going to you!

www.hystersisters.com

Also (for cancer, IF it is that): http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_cancer.htm

Great resources and support there!

HUGS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Kirsten, I send you a big hug and lots of prayers that this is nothing at all.

It is good that you are dealing with it right away so that your mind can be put to rest that all is well.

Kirsten, lots of hugs and my thoughts are with you! I hope all goes well. Just take it easy, try not to focus on the C word.

**HUGS**

Will keep good thoughts.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I'll be thinking of you.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Lots of prayers coming your way, Kirsten. Of course, I pray it isn't cancer, but if it is, please remain confident that there is much to be done about it.

{{{Gentle Hugs}}}
    Johanna