Thread: Rusty has permantaly lost his freedom....

Rusty has permantaly lost his freedom....

I dont know who has been follwing the Rusty attack threads, and almost nobody has bothered to reply to any of of them. but Rusty has now permanatly lost his freedom.last night he started attacking Blair in the middle of the night, pulled then apart, looked Blair over(mostly his ear, as Rusty had himself attached to his ear) nothing. Blair is fine and dandy, totally unharmed, and not even traumatized(strange, as every bloody thing traumatizes Blair) but when I glanced up at Rusty, whome my mom was holding..Rustys eye was filling with blood! let me tell ya, when you are woken up at 1am to fighting dogs, and look up and see one of the dogs eyes filling with blood... Rusty is fine, he just has several cuts along his eye rim, and some minor damage on the surface of his eyeball, so its nothing terrable(though it might turn into soething if he doesnt quite scratchin at it. I am trying to get the cone to fit him, as he has a funny sized neck). but that was the last straw, if he keeps fighting with the other boys, somebody is going to get seriously hurt. Ripley already looks terrable with a big scar accross his face, and a scar on his thigh from fighting with Rusty. we dont want to rehome Rusty, we love him, and he loves it here, and nobody is afraid of doing anything as a result, so we see no need for that. however Rusty will now be muzzled when not in a crate, or otherwise totally unable to get near the other boys. its not a big deal, he already has limited freedom due to his marking, all this changes is that during whatever freedom he gets, he will be muzzled.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

oh my goodness! What got into that little dog?!?! Is he neutered?
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I am so sorry you got no help before and I am sorry you are going through this. If you are around when it happens I suggest an air horn, casey use to attack bubba and after a few blasts with the air horn she is cured.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

he's neutered, but old habits die hard. he wasnt neutered till we got him, and he was already 4 years old by then.

also wile he is a JRT mix, its only in his appearence, in every other way he is all JRT. and JRTs fight, and they dont give up. Rusty is a stubborn dog, a loud noise means nothing to him. I love him to death, but he is the hardest dog I have ever tried to train, he doesnt respond to anything, either positive or negative, if he doesnt feel like responding to it at the time. that combined with be crazy smart(when he wants a walk for example, he will go to the leashes, pull HIS leash down and throw it at me). he is sooo people friendly though, usually with a terrier of you invene in a fght, you can expect a hole in your hand lol, but Rusty, even in full attack mode, will NOT touch a human.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

So sorry you've had to go through this with Rusty, but for the safety of the others, you gotta do what ya gotta do. I hope everything turns out for the better. I know it must be hard

I've been Boooo'd!

Sorry you are having problems with him. Hopefully the muzzle will work & that the other poor boys are ok .

also wile he is a JRT mix, its only in his appearence, in every other way he is all JRT. and JRTs fight, and they dont give up.
    Nice generalisation, not all Jacks are aggressive killing machines.

I've heard of air horns working for "Hopeless" dogs.

It worked for my sister in law's 6 year old Springer.

I'm so sorry it's gone this far.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I've been following the threads...I'm glad you're still going to give him a chance. So many people would just give up and throw in the towel. I hope things get better.

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfdx
    And...what she said!!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

I'm sure Rusty loves you and your mom, and loves being with you. But it sounds like he is other dog aggressive, and should be living in a home where he doesn't feel the need to start a fight with other dogs. He's probably very frustrated or feels threatened by the others for some unknown reason. But, maybe you should think of rehoming him. Just a thought.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfdx
    Sure they are... just look at what Mini did to Ashley this past weekend!

~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

How is Rusty doing?

OMG Ashely get a muzzle on that killer ... er what a cutie. Love the pic Angie.

uhhh I didnt say Jacks are aggressive killing machines. Rusty is a total doll, I can stick my hand in the middle of a fight and not get hurt. however in general, when a JRT gets in a fight they dont give up. if they do give up easy then their pretty badly bred, because that trait is required for their ability to do their job.

BC_mom, Rusty is in no way dog aggressive, the entire reason he LOVES it here is because of the other dogs.

Rustys doing fin by the way, he is a conehead right now though, cuz his rubbing gave himself an eye infection, so now he is in a cone getting eye drops 4 times a day lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to: