Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milo

Milo

My mom's friend's brother's dog named Milo just got hit by a car last night; they rushed him to the vet and he seems to be doing better. They gave him a 50/50% chance. We are just hoping he'll be ok and wanted to know if you guys will say a prayer for this little dog; I don't even know it; I've never met it but they seem to really love this little dog. It's a little boston terrier (that way you can kinda picture his face if you know what kind he is ) thanks.

Genny
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Milo, I hope you will be ok. I am saying a prayer for you & hoping that you will pull through this.

Prayers for Milo. How worried his family must be.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Milo, lots of prayers coming to you from RI. Praying that the white coats can help you feel better. Prayers for your hoomans, too.

Any word on how poor Milo is doing?

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I was thinking about Milo this morning, and I was wondering if there is any word on his condition? Hopefully he is ok!

I hope Milo is doing alright.......

But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet. They want to keep Milo one more night to make sure he will be ok. He was hit head on by the car and luckily didn't break any bones, but he was bleeding on the inside really bad the first night, but they have stopped the bleeding for now, they think he is going to be fine but they want to make sure so he will probably be able to go home tomorrow if everything is alright.
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

I will keep my fingers crossed for Milo!! I hope he will be as good as new very soon!!!

Oh, that's scary....

More prayers and crossed paws that Milo can go home soon!

Milo was going to be able to go home today, but when they w/ to get him they said it would be $400. Donna (my mom's friend (the dog's owner's sister) said she told them we don't have that kind of money right now but that she would definitely get the money to them in december because she would have more then. They told that they couldn NOT take Milo home until they pay the $400. They said he could stay one more night but after that all others days that he has to stay will be $12 a day.

I can't believe that! Donna and her brother are so upset; the vet. said that it's their rules because so many people promise to pay them and then never do. So right now they are pretty upset and Milo is still at the vet I hope they get some money so they can go get him soon..... he is ready to go home and everyhting they just have to have the $$$$

The Vet. office called Donna this morning and told her that if they didn't have the $400 to them within a week they are going to put Milo to sleep. She is so upset and has been crying over the phone to my mother for hours. I feel so bad for her.
    Can you guys believe this?!????? I didn't know a Vet. could do that when someone is saying they will pay the bill as soon as they get the money. I just think that is so wrong. I feel so bad for her because I know how bad and sad I'd feel if it were one of my dogs there.
    I am just in total shock about them going to put the dog to sleep if they don't have all $400 within one week!

I don't think any business would allow you to pay "when you get the money" that could possibly be months down the road...I'm sure they've had many people just not pay them. That really doesn't seem ridiculous to me, honestly. It's sad they would put him to sleep after a week though, I hope that your friend can figure out a way to get Milo back. This is why it's so important to have an emergency fund for your pets.

Could they see about setting up a payment plan? If the vet does not do that, they could put it on a credit card and pay it off a bit at a time until they have more money (since she's supposed to have more money in December anyway).

[QUOTE=wolf_Q]I don't think any business would allow you to pay "when you get the money" that could possibly be months down the road...I'm sure they've had many people just not pay them. QUOTE]
    That's exactly what they told her; that they can't just let her pay later because so many say they will and never do. But they also said she can't make payments they want it all right then. So I don't know what she's gonna do. I hate for them to put the dog to sleep; I think that's what is so ridiculous about it.

I just wanted to tell you guys we have good news : my mother decided to pay the vet bill for Milo and they went and got him yesterday. They were so thankful and very happy. Donna is going to pay her back in Dec. when she gets a check she is going to recieve. Just wanted to let you all know about this