Thread: We Won the Raffle!

We Won the Raffle!

On Sunday, I took Sugar and Lacey to an open house at Renewal Paws. They do rehabilitation work, primarily with dogs. They have an underwater treadmill, exercise / balance ball, wheelchair, massage, and several other things. I only took one pic, of one of the demos.

This dog is a Brazilian breed, I forget the name. (Cross of a mastiff, greyhound and bloodhound). She is 11 years of age. She fell off the rear deck and broke her leg. That is when the owners discovered she had a huge sarcoma. Surgery was July 6th, the entire top of the femur had to be removed, in addition to dealing with the bone fracture. They were demonstrating the range of motions exercises, then they had her stand and they showed how to encourage her to place more weight on that rear leg.

There were lots of things going on, and they were offering free 5 minute dog massages. Both Sugar and Lacey got one. What an improvement for Sugar. She still gets SO nervous with crowds and with other dogs about, especially large dogs. None of the dogs was bothering her, but she was panting, shaking, and her eyes were huge. A few moment into the massage and she calmed right down! It was so nice to see that. And it lasted for long enough for me to finish up and get them back to the car. Lacey had everyone laughing, when the woman switched to give HER the massage. Like it was just her due, and what should we expect? He he he.

They also had a doggie cake. Lacey ate her piece and, as Sugar was too nervous to eat, Lacey ate her piece as well.

They also had 42 raffles going on. I bought 6 tickets and put 5 of them in for the free 7 week obedience class at a local canine center. WE WON! I am planning to take Lacey, as I would like to get her into their agility class; just not sure she is ready to be off leash. So the obedience class should help there.

And once I've been to the training, I can practice with all the pups. What a nice Monday morning phone call!
    Last edited by Freedom; 10-15-2007 at 10:16 AM.

Hey, Congratulations, you lucky dog(s)!
    Have fun at the classes!

Congratulations, Sandie!!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018