Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prayers DESPERATELY needed for Jenluck's Sunkist kitten...

Ok, must have missed a foster somewhere... who is Columbus??? I really need to pay more attention, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian
    Ok, must have missed a foster somewhere... who is Columbus??? I really need to pay more attention, lol!
    see here

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=134694

OOOOH!!! HIM! Totally forgot that you had him. Oooops! And he's so handsome... too bad he's a meanie to the kittens.

Oh, no - the new guy who 'followed you home'.

What happens to Columbus?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach
    The only damage that might be permanent is a head tilt to her left. It may straighten up, but it may not. But it does not affest that way she walks, so it is something she can easily live with.
    Bobby has a head tilt, we aren't sure what causes it. He was a feral we had to bring in. The head tilt only means he can't compete for food well (which is why we had to bring him in from the colony), so I make sure he eats alone now and then. It doesn't stop him from doing a THING around here, blitzing about, dashing up and down the cellar stairs, chew and destroy mice missions get completed very quickly. (Toy mice - he takes off the covering. I find a wad of stuffing here and there, he stores the outsides in his 'special place.' Those are his trophies, I guess.)

But you also said this may not be permanent so just wait and see.

Thankful that this has turned out so well!

Jen, I've never heard of another cat doing something so vicious to another, especially a kitten!!! I am so glad that baby Sunkist is going to be ok. Maybe a muscle is just sore and giving him / her a stiff neck temporarily.

I hate to say it, but I think Columbus needs to set sail again! He definitely can't be trusted around other cats! Babies for sure!!! I hope he can find someone who will make him their one and only!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

A slight head tilt will be part of sweet Sunkist's "personality". Kind of like my RB dog Sami who had one "lazy" ear. Please give her a kiss for me. And know that you are not responsible, you saved the day!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Thanks for the updates Jen. I'm so glad to hear that Sunkist is now home and doing well. I hope that she'll be easy to medicate and will make a quick and full recovery. I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry to hear that Colombus was the one that attacked her. I guess you'll have to keep him separated from the others. It sounds like he needs to be an only cat. Hopefully he'll be able to find his forever very soon. Good luck.

I am so sorry to hear about little Sunkist and am glad she survived.
    I never heard about a neutered tom being so aggressive towards a kitten. But I know it can happen with tomcats just killing kittens that are not their own. In feral colonies the moms gather togetrher to protect their kittens- that's what you did Jen - being now Sunkist's mom.

Prayers DESPERATELY needed

Poor little Sunkist, I'm relieved to know she's doing well and is recovering nicely. Groucho is sending her plenty of gentle feel better purrs and headbumpies.

Oh Jen, I can only imagine how you must have felt over this but you must know one thing... this is NOT your fault! You were right there and did what needed to be done. Sunkist got immediate vet care and treatment, that did make a difference. As well as we think we know our animal companions they can be unpredictable at times. You did nothing wrong, you did everything right!!!

Please know our prayers are being prayed for Sunkist and you. Prayers are being prayed for Columbus too.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I've mentioned this before but when Yodie first came to me, she had a head tilt and it turned out to be an ear polyp. I'm assuming he was already checked for this? If not, look into it because polyps can grow quickly and cause so many problems. Praying that it's nothing.......
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11