Thread: Jim had a psychic reading.

Jim had a psychic reading.

I emailed Nancy Efrusy and decided to start with Jim.

She called last night with her "half way through reading" call.

I must say that she got 90% right on!

Unfortunately, Nancy feels that there isn't much we can do to aleviate his feelings. It would be like asking your spouse to change WHO they are.

Jim is totally aggrivated and annoyed with all the cats. Not one cat in particular, but with the fact that he has no personal space.

Jim feels high up on the totem pole and why should HE be the one being "put out" by these new comers. This was one area that was not correct, as MORE cats came before Jim than after Jim. BUT, I can understand him feeling that way. It makes sense

We even went so far as to ask Jim if he'd prefer a NEW home with no other cats. Jim doesn't think HE should have to have a new home, he thinks the other cats should leave HIS home.

He also doesn't want to be left in a room alone for the same reason.....HE should not have to be locked up in his own home.

So, because of his feelings, he is going to "take things into his own hands". Which of course is his marking territory.

Nancy got his age about right. She said Jim is a "cry baby", which I have to adnit, he IS plenty vocal. She says he is NOT a WIMPY cat, afraid or intimidated by the others....he is simply annoyed. Which again, seems to be the Jim I know.

So, what do we do? We live with it, unless we can't live with it.

Nancy will finish the reading in a few days OR I can ask her to do another cat, if there is nothing else I want to find out from Jim. I am leaning toward doing another cat.....just for the heck of it.

Jen, at least you now know why Jim feels the way he does. Nancy does a good job!
    Nine is Fine!!

I've heard nothing but good things about Nancy so if she answered your questions, then I'd say it was money well spent. Now the question remains: can you live w/his spraying in your territory, your home, every day? Only you can make that decision but at least now you have more information to help you decide.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Cool! I think you should do another cat too.... curiosity got the best of me when I did Allen and I also ended up doing Pouncer and Flutter

Thats One Reason That I Will Get No More Cats As I Would Never Want Them To Be Angry With Me.
    I Am Just Lucky That They Get Along As Well As They Do Now. They Dont Like Tubster All That Much, So When It Gets Cold He Goes Into The Cellar, Which He Doesnt Mind As He Has The Whole Place To Himself.
    Jen, We Wish You Could Talk To Jim And Explain This Other Cats Were Cold And Hungry And Needed A Home Too, Whether He Would Buy That Or Not.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Would the Feliway plug-ins or the sprays help calm his aggrivation at all? Or, have you tried that already? I'm new...so, I wasn't sure if you had already tried that approach? It is a hard decision to make. I would do another kitty also...out of curiosity and maybe you'll find out if the other kitties are doing something specific that is riling Jim up? Maybe something innocnet but it is the final straw for Jim? Good luck and good thoughts and prayers are being sent your way!
    Last edited by Katjaye; 10-19-2007 at 05:44 PM.
    Katjaye, but everyone calls me...

"And what is as important as knowledge?" asked the mind. "Caring and seeing with the heart," answered the soul.

I tried Feliway.....I can't say whether it worked or not. All I know is that I can't afford it on a regular basis.

Nancy said I should think about whether I had more questions for Jim or if I would rather talk to another cat. I wrote back.....

Nancy,
    Thank you for your insights on Jim. As you expected, his
    thoughts were not of a surprize to me. I just wish I had
    the ability to help him feel less agrivated. His feline
    siblings, those who came before and those who came after,
    needed me, as I felt he needed me. All I can do for Jim is
    to apologize to him for bringing him into a situation where
    he is annoyed. I could not have known that this would be
    how he felt, at the time of his adoption.
    So, since there is little point in pursuing his feelings
    further, I would very much like to "talk" to another cat.
    So if it is OK, I am sending photos of ____________ .
    I guess I just want to know his/her feelings and how she/he
    perceives this home and the surroundings.
    When you get the time.
    Thanks,
    Jen

I want to leave you in suspence as to who I am having read.

But it will be the last one as that is the end of my budget for this frivolity.

It was fun, but it certainly did not help solve any problems.

Jen, I'm sorry to hear that Jim feels so aggrevated. I wish that Nancy's reading could have helped you more. Hopefully your next cat's reading will give you more insight into what's causing the spraying problems. Good luck.

very very interesting!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach
    It was fun, but it certainly did not help solve any problems.
    I beg to differ. It verified what you already know and that should help you w/your decision to either rehome him or live w/his spraying. That alone should give you some peace of mind. It'll be interesting to see what Nancy says about another cat.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa
    I beg to differ. It verified what you already know and that should help you w/your decision to either rehome him or live w/his spraying. That alone should give you some peace of mind. It'll
    Not to be purposely argumentative, but all I have now are the exact same choices I had earlier and $30 dollars ago.

I am very anxious for the next reading.

Jen - is it possible that a slightly sterner tone is needed with Jim?

I don't mean anything bad...I just recall a time when I was a teen and one of our dear cats had died. A little while later, we got a youngish kitten(we always had two cats, and kept matching up pairs through the years!). Our older Siamese was just P*****. He didn't try to hurt the newcomer or anything, and we gave him as much comfort as possible.

One day, when it was getting a bit past the point where previous cats had adjusted, my dad picked up Moose (the siamese), and Moose HISSED at him!

Dad wagged a finger at him and said sternly, "That's enough!" and a couple of other words (not bad words, I just can't recall them).

I recall this finally working - we had spent all kinds of time being understanding, and at a certain point, we had to tell Moose that the tantrums were over, mister.

Just a thought.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda