Thread: Recipes - Cakes, Cookies

Threaded View

Recipes - Cakes, Cookies

Yes, I know this may be a bad time to start this thread, as many are on a slimming diet, but I found this recipe, and have Flapjacks in the oven right now. Mine is slightly different, but the one in the link is SO easy - with pictures and all.

http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Britain...g/Flapjack.htm

Here's one I'll try next... why didn't I see that, I have almond essence. I'm using honey instead of syrup, and I put in a few cut up walnuts. I also sprinkle with cocunut.

Ingredients

4 oz (110 g) light brown soft sugar
    6 oz (175 g) butter
    1 dessertspoon golden syrup
    6 oz (175 g) porridge oats
    a few drops of almond essence

Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 2, 300°F (150°C).

You will also need a 7? inch (19 cm) square baking tin, 1? inches (4 cm) deep, lightly greased.

To start, place the sugar, butter and golden syrup together in a medium saucepan and heat until the butter has melted. Then remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the porridge oats and a few drops of almond essence.

Now, press the mixture out over the base of the prepared tin, and bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before cutting into oblong bars. Leave until cold before removing the flapjacks from the tin, then store in an airtight container.
    Last edited by Randi; 10-04-2008 at 03:28 PM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.