Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please pray for Molly Meu....UPDATE POST # 11

Please pray for Molly Meu....UPDATE POST # 11

Over the weekend, I noticed Molly looking a bit " plump." However, she has not been eating all that well. Called the vet. I told Dr. Ascher that I thought Molly has ascitis(an excessive accummulation of fluid in the peritioneal cavity). We bought agreed that an x-ray of her abdomen was in order, along with the bloodwork, and a urine.Liver enzymes are elevated, urine very dilute. I saw the x-ays. Nothing looked liked it should. An ultrasound was done yesterday. I saw the "pictures." It looks like her liver was shot at with bb's. She has all these cysts and the ultrasound doctor and Dr. A agreed that most likely this is cancer. Dr. A did not give Molly too much time. Molly is 15, came to us as a rescue from the VA hospital where I worked. She was rescued on 9/4/1994. She shamelessly ADORES Barry! We are keeping her as comfortable as long as we can. Once she starts to have breathing problems from the ascitis, it will be time. She is eating, so that is good. We pray that she stays comfortable as long as possible. Sandra
    Last edited by kb2yjx; 02-16-2008 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Update
    Nine is Fine!!

I am so sorry to hear about Molly. I hope that she is not in pain and can eat for a long time to come and have that happy life that she deserves.

Poor Molly - I do hope something can be done to help her out Lots of prayers coming your way.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Many prayers for Molly. If her time can't be long, I pray that it is comfortable. I KNOW she'll be loved. {{{HUGS}}}

Dear Molly Meu - no matter how long our babies are with us, it's never long enough.

I pray she will comfy and happy. Is the vet giving her any prednisone or anything to help a bit?

HUGS to you and Barry...she will be comfy as long as "her Barry" is with her.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I pray that Molly has lovely days in sunny spots, and lots of love around her.

I'm so sorry to hear this. She'll remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Molly ate a half can of Fancy Feast for breakfast. Barry gave her her prednisone. I found it on the floor! She was pilled again, and did I get a LOOK!! I have some chicken and liver to cook up later. Molly does not seem to be in any pain, respirations are not laboured, and she looks a little more distended. She is napping in a heated cup in the bedroom and the sun is shining on her, so she is double warm. We keep a close watch on Molly...Thank you for all your prayers, words of comfort, and hugs!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Re

Sending prayers your way. Hopefully Molly will continue to eat. Give her hugs from me.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Prayers going your way. Poor baby.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Update on Molly 2/16/08

After observing Molly today, Barry and I came to a few decisions. As of tomorrow, all of Molly's meds will be stopped. She is becoming very uncomfortable. I think there is cardiac involvment now. When Molly walks to the water bowl, she walks a ways, stops, rests for awhile, then starts walking again, stops, rests, and so on. Her abdomen is getting bigger, and soon Molly will have difficulty breathing, which can be scary. I have called and left a message at the vet's, that I will call on Monday to make an appointment to put Molly to sleep. It is time to let her go...
    Nine is Fine!!

Please give dear Molly Meu kisses and hugs and scritchies for me.

Bless you for stopping the meds so she doesn't carry on 'artificially' while getting and feeling worse.

My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

My prayers are also with you as you have you final hours together. A hard decision, but a compassionate one. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

This makes me so sad. I hate having that feeling. You'll be in my thoughts for sure. Knowing that they are counting on us to make the right decisions for them is not easy at all.

I'm sure your Molly knows that you are helping her to be comfortable and to soon find peace. Prayers for you and her.