Thread: Bloody Poop - Update Post #7

Bloody Poop - Update Post #7

Cindy has bloody poop
    I collected the sample and it's in a baggy. I will call our vet in the morning. She seems fine otherwise. I stumbled on this by accident. I was in the bathroom and saw the tiny blood drop next to litter box. So I went hunting behinds. IF it was Stephen I'd never catch him to look.

I look up on line and could be baterical infection or parasities. I dont see the white tapeworm.

I'm trying to stay calm at 11:06 p.m.
    We are under a winter advisory for tomorrow 1-3 inches of snow.
    I will call our regular vet in morning and may use the local vet here in town thats only 3 mins away.

Keep fingers/paws crossed for us.
    Last edited by Craftlady; 02-21-2008 at 11:21 AM.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

If she is comfy otherwise, maybe she swallowed something a bit tough, or had a bit of hard stool.

Prayers for Cindy! My fluffy boy Cole had some blood in his stool not long after he came to live with me. The vet test tested SO weak for coccidia that they wouldn't have bothered with pills unless he had symptoms - and he did.

One wee pill a day, five days later all better - and no problems in the last two years.

Wishing Cindy the same.

Keeping everything crossed for good weather. You just need to take the sample in, not Cindy right now, is that right?

Prayers for good weather too.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I sure hope that it's nothing serious. She may have been a bit constipated and had some hard stools that may have caused this. This has happened to my Sky before and the vet recommended that I give him some canned pumpkin for a while. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Will Keep Cindy and everyone (just in case it's Stephen or someone else) in my prayers....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I called our vet this morning. All I have to do is bring the sample in for testing, since Cindy is acting "normal" and not vomiting etc. she doesnt have to come along with us.
    We have to wait till the snow stops it appears there is about 2 inches out there. Luckly they are open until 6 p.m. so we have plenty of time to shovel out. IF the weather was worse I would go to the local guy here in town (I use them on emergancys when our vet isnt available).

"UPDATE" just got back from the vets. They send out the samples for extensive testing than just doing a "quick" test at the office. They will call me first thing tomorrow a.m. Cindy is acting like her usual self which is a good thing
    Last edited by Craftlady; 02-20-2008 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Update
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

I hope it's nothing serious for Cindy. With such a beautiful name, she just can't get sick. Great name for a gorgeous kitty.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Glad to hear she's acting normal, that's always a good sign!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Her poop came back negative for parasitites.
    Since this was a one time event, I'm going to watch her closely and give her some yogart on a daily basis for a while to hopefully firm up her poop a little more, I always thought it looked ok coming from such a tiny girl LOL
    Our vet had other ideas LOL
    If I see more blood problems we will put her on an antibotic.