Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm at it again...Cat Colony Bellefonte WARNING GRAPHIC PICTURES!

I'm at it again...Cat Colony Bellefonte WARNING GRAPHIC PICTURES!

Well, the other day my husband saw a post on freecycle from a women wanted to borrow a live trap to catch a stray cat because it was pretty badly wounded and she wanted to get him to the vets and get him the medical care he needed so my husband thought that I could probably help out by contacting Fonda’s Foundlings (I've been trying to help her to get down on her cat situation and now I think she has 60 cats left that need homes). So I contacted Shirley and I took the trap out to Shaunna (the lady from Freecycle). While I was out there showing her how to set up the trap, I saw a few other stray cats hanging around. I started talking to her about those cats and she was mentioning about how there was an expanding colony of cats in the neighborhood.

She was able to get Creamsicle and she took him to the vets on Saturday morning. I spoke with Shaunna on Sunday and she said that the vet said that he is very people/cat friendly and that he probably belonged to someone at some point in his life.

I stopped by Shaunna's house tonight to pick up the trap so I could return it to Shirley Fonda. My husband was with me as well and when we went into her bathroom (Shaunna is just fostering him till I'm able to find him a good home) and he was the sweetest looking guy and so friendly. I couldn't believe the marks on his face. I don't think I've ever seen a cats face that badly hurt before. He was clearly in more than his share of fights, and his poor ears are frostbitten, but Creamsicle is now fixed and is negative for FIV/FELV.

After many scratches and baby talking him he was just melting away with the love and affection.

My husband and I were about to leave and we saw an orange and white cat that looked just like Creamsicle and I asked Shaunna if she's seen him before and she said she had and that there were other ones just like him running around.

So my husband and I got into the car and I went up the street to turn around and I was coming back down the street, right in front of Shaunna's house and there stood this little probably 5 months old kitten starring at us and he wouldn't move.

So my husband got out of the car and the kitten went right up to him and he of course picked him up and I jumped out of the car and I was able to pick up another ~5 month old orange and white kitten.

It was really hard to leave those kittens there but we didn't have a choice. We already have 6 cats in a one bedroom apartment, if we have to we will try to foster what we can but I'm posting everywhere I can think of looking for help.

There were probably at least 5 other cats that showed up some not wanting the attention but they watched as if they wanted it but they weren't sure how to ask for it.

I'd really like to find these kittens and the cats that can be tameable (which I'm sure they all can be) good and loving homes.

If anyone is close to my area and would love to help me out with this I'd appreciate it. I'm going to be contacting another woman tomorrow who I know does TNR but I know some of these cats can be saved and deserve to have a home indoors instead of outside in this cold weather. I'm going to be saving as much money as I can to get these guys at least vet checked and FIV/FELV combo tested. Any help would be wonderful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1451.JPG 
Views:	198 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	38668   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1453.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	38669  
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 02-28-2008 at 07:03 PM.

Oh my lord, I have never seen such a bad face would either, could that have been caused by another cat? Perhaps a dog had him or something else. I really hope he finds a home, is he going to be neutered?
    I'll keep him in my thoughts and the others too.

The picture is of Creamsicle and Shaunna already got him fixed while he was at the vets being treated for his face.

The vets thinks that it was caused by a cat fight and that absessed.

He's super friendly though.

Quote Originally Posted by CultureJunky
    Oh my lord, I have never seen such a bad face would either, could that have been caused by another cat? Perhaps a dog had him or something else. I really hope he finds a home, is he going to be neutered?
    I'll keep him in my thoughts and the others too.

It sounds like you have quite a few contacts in the TNRM groups. If you need more, you can contact Ally Cat Allies. Based in Maryland, they are the central organization for TNRM. When you submit the request for organizations to contact, you can mark the item for placing tame, friendly cats.

Here is the form:
    http://www.alleycat.org/response.aspx

What did the vet about Creamsicle's face? Will it heal and fur grow back? Poor boy, to think he was owned and lived with a family at some point. I pray he finds a get furrever home!

Goodness. Sounds like that lady has a lot of them to look after. Thank God there are people like her and you to help these babies out. He is a handsome boy, even with his messed up face. He has a chance now, lets hope it works out for him and he gets a great home.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

OH MY!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Well it looks like Creamsicle better find a home fast. I'm trying all places I can think of to post for him but I have all these other stray cats now to look after and try to help.

Here is what Shaunna said in an e-mail this morning:

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for all your help in this. I just posted to freecycle, so maybe we'll get something there. I put an auto-feeder in there for him and he went to town. As long as he gets what he wants, he seems ok. but the minute you try to restrict him, it's piss on the floor, spray on the door. He really wants out to roam today. Maybe I'll upgrade him to a bigger space in the form of the basement if it's more roaming room he wants.

In the mean time, do you have any suggestions on how to clean the floor/bathroom that will remove his stink?

I don't want to put him back outside either, after all I just paid to get him fixed up and he is a really sweet cat. But if I can't trust him to keep it in the litter box, I can't keep him either. I've tried to talk sense into him, but he's a cat.

And I should put some of this in perspective for you too. I was just diagnosed with cancer yesterday. I can't really take on the proper care of a stray cat on top of that. Especially considering I'm for all intents and purposes unemployed. And my doctor told me I need to avoid anything that could introduce new bacteria into my body (stray cat anyone??). I didn't tell him about Creamsicle because I'm sure he'd advice me to get him out of the house. Strays have lots of bacteria. So that's going on too and is really forcing me to get him out sooner rather than later. Not that any of this is your problem as I'm the one who decided to take him in and care for him. But it is also making it hard for me to give him the proper care he needs.

Again, thanks and hope to talk to you soon. I hope you don't think I"m mean cat woman. I'm not. It's all just really bad timing.

Shaunna

The vet said the his face will heal just fine. I don't know about his fur but I just hope it will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    It sounds like you have quite a few contacts in the TNRM groups. If you need more, you can contact Ally Cat Allies. Based in Maryland, they are the central organization for TNRM. When you submit the request for organizations to contact, you can mark the item for placing tame, friendly cats.

Here is the form:
    http://www.alleycat.org/response.aspx

What did the vet about Creamsicle's face? Will it heal and fur grow back? Poor boy, to think he was owned and lived with a family at some point. I pray he finds a get furrever home!

Thats Such A Sad Photo, And We Wish We Could Come And Take That Poor Cat Into Our Hotel. He Sadly Reminds Me Of My Porch Angel Nugget Who Showed Up With His Face Swollen And Infected And Had To Be Pts.
    We Pray For All These Poor Lost Souls. God Bless You For Helping Them The Best That You Can.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Well my husband and I went out to Bellefonte tonight and there were the 2 orange and white males. Right now we put them in our bathroom they seem so happy right now.

Did you contact the place in Maryland?

What is it about PA? With Kate and you and even Jenn - cats seem darn hard to place!

HUGS and prayers for Creamsicle. The stink will stop several days after the neutering, and hopefully that will be easier on Shaunna.

I hope Shaunna can get successful treatment!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

My orangie Creamsicle hopes that your orangie Creamsicle can find a permanent home soon. How sad that his face got so beat up, poor boy. Bless you for helping.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Here's a picture of the 2 boys. They are just sweetharts.

I'm going to try to pull together some funds to get the other kittens there are 2 that are probably 3 months old and they are a tad skittish but should be fine with love and attention.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Those 2 boys are adorable together!

Do you have a PetCo, PetSmart or other shop nearby which holds adoption events?

Best wishes, praying that they all find terrific homes.

We have a PetCo that I could probably go there on Saturdays with Shirley bu my husbands one friend is coming over this afternoon to look at these 2 boys.

We won't be splitting them up.

It turns out my husband contacted Donna Herman who does the TNR (she had funds) but her funds are all gone now so we'll have to wait and see if we can raise enough money to get these kittens and cats indoors.

Melissa

Those 2 boys are adorable together!

Do you have a PetCo, PetSmart or other shop nearby which holds adoption events?

Best wishes, praying that they all find terrific homes.
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 02-29-2008 at 01:43 PM.